My mp3 player will not do anything. We put a new battery in it. When we turn it on it shows sansa above that it has v4.0.44a at the bottom of the screen it has m240 1.0GB. It will not let us do anything further. To turn it off we have to take the battery out. It will stay on the screen until the batteries are removed
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Are you able to turn it on ?
If so, press the the "power on" button the second time to activate the menu.
Still no luck ! Try putting in a new battery and try again.
2. You cannot "reset" anything.
3. Open up "windows explorer"
4. Scroll down the left pane of the window till you see the "sansa" removable disk
5. Right click it and select "format"
6. After formatting, try adding your files back again.
7. Use the >= button on the player tp play the songs.
This has happened twice to me. First time I talked to their support guys and they sent me a new MP3 player. This new one has been working finr for many months but just today started with the same problem. It will turn on - show teh SANSA spolash screen then do nothing. Won't show up when connected to teh PC either....
there are 2 usb choices on the sansa m240 one is msc the other is auto detect. msc is for downloading new upgrade software i beleive , because thats the setting sndisk has you set it on to download new upgrade software .it stands for mass storage class .it may need to be on auto detect .