- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
not a solution - but a problem... i emptied the toner waste bottle in my MPW2400 and a new error message appears...says there is no toner and it keeps dumping toner from the new cartridge until it is coming out of every orifice of the machine. What is that about?
sc486 is a problem with either the engine control board or the drive unit, or the connection between them. One or the other will probably have to be replaced, depending on exactly what's causing the problem.
Please have a look at the attached image to see where to look inside the Ricoh printer for the waste toner bottle.
You have to remove the transfer unit before you take out the waste toner bottle, as per image.
Couple of things to try:
- If you just emptied the waste cartridge then you have to take the bottle back out and clean the insides as well. The sensor sees the toner on the walls and still thinks it?s full. FYI as typical the manufacturer recommends replacing the bottle with a brand new one.
- If not that then you may have toner covering the optical sensor. Try blowing the area where the waste bottle attaches to the printer with canned air.
Let us know if you have any other questions and please don?t forget to rate this post.