After turning off the satellite dish and the TV for the night, we woke up and the tv was on. It was showing the dish screensaver. I now have to pull the plug, because it happens everytime we turn the tv off. Any advise would be appreciated, Thank you
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: tv Turns itself on
Check and see if your remote control is not near the set and something is squeezing it.if not your power supply have a shorted component probably the regulator or other related component kindly have a tech check it out
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I am sharing four cases in which your tv either turns itself off or appears to turn itself off.
TV appears to be off
You using your tv as a monitor or your pc is in sleeping mode.
Your cable or satellite Box is not outputting a signal.
TV turns iteself off
The sleep timer is set.
The off timer is set.
Your tv appears to be off:
If you are using the tv as a monitorIf you are using tv as a monitor and the stand-by light only
blinks for a few seconds when you press the power button,your pc is in the sleeping mode. To take your pc out of sleep,press a key from your key board or move the mouse.Tv turns on.
If you are using TV with a cable or satellite Box
If you have a cable or satellite Box your Tv may appear be off because the cable or satellite Box is not outputting a signal.Press the guide or info button on the cable or satellite Box remote control.
if the screen displays info or guide data,the problem is caused by the Box,you must call your cable provider.
if screen does not display info data,change the source on your TV.
I can definitely provide assistance with this. Whenever our receivers do
their nightly update, the receivers do enter standby mode. There is no
way to disable this, but you can definitely setup an Auto Tune timer.
This will cause the receiver to exit standby mode and tune to a channel.
To set this up, find a channel you want the TV to go to, and choose the
time you want the receiver to turn on. Press record from the guide.
Select 'Auto Tune' from the list, and select 'Daily'. This will set it
up to happen every day.
If you have any other questions, just let me know!
1) clean the contacts batteries. 2) change by new batteries 3) resolder wires connectors batteries 4) Open the remote control, and clean the keypads very well with special spray contact R. Shack 5) Otherwise you must go to the repair shop TV, FOR Fix it GOd bless you
Hello!!! Remotes can be tricky sometimes!!! Try a power scan. It scans the TV for the right code, instead of inputting codes.
1. Hold down the Clear TV button until all lights at the top of the remote light up
2. Press the red TV POWER button
3. Press and release the up arrow on the remote about once a second until the tv turns off.
4. When it turns off, press the # (Pound) button
5. Try powering the tv on/off, and try the volume. If one or more of these functions do not work, start over at step 1 again.
check your TV's timer setting. typically you'll notice something different about the standby light - for example, it might be a different color, or might be blinking, etc to indicate that the timer feature is activated.
TV worked FINE for the past 2 yrs---this morning we woke up and the screen is totally BLACK! No sound..nothing. REmote doesn't do anything to the TV. Red light says ON unless we unplug it. Remote won't turn off the TV.
Any advise? Picture tube??
Worked great w/out any problems until we woke up today!