Question about Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Cooler is cool, but not cold...I set the temp for 45 degrees, error(?) code HH still appears...don't see such referred to anywhere...
I just simply cleaned out the backside of the fridge of all the fuzz and slightly wiggled the fan and the connections.. And ze problemo was solved!!
Posted on Apr 24, 2020
Hi brass parrot, I replace the relay and overload. the compressor turns on but will not stay on. (runs and cools for 1 minute then stops - I softly hit the side and the compressor turns on for a minute then stops) - any ideas.
Posted on Jan 23, 2015
I, too, have just seen (late June 2013) the "HH" code on my Magic Chef wine cooler (and it is running too cold and I can't reset the temperature). Have you found a solution since your posting of about 1 year ago?
Posted on Jun 30, 2013
You can find user manuals for all appliances. Press set for 2 seconds till it beeps then usethe arrows.
Posted on Aug 09, 2009
its your ptc relay.its a very simple fix.to the left of the compressor is a plastic cover with 1 screw.take it off.youll see a small box on top with 1 wire going to it.wiggle it off.pulls straight out left of compressor.go to repairclinic.com..type in part #1206838.its about a $27.00 fix. mines been running fine since.hope this helps
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
check the fan relay and the compressor to make sure it is still working...if not there is a capasiter you can replace to get it to work again
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
SOURCE: Magic Chef MCWC8DSCT Wine Cooler
I had the same problem. I fixed the problem by replacing the main cooling fan that is mounted over the electrothermal cooling unit.. Fan can be ordered from RepairClinic.com.
Posted on Sep 02, 2009
The e3/e4 problem is the "connectors" for the fans to the middle separator shelf are put in the pathway of condensation. This causes them to get wet and rust. PLEASE NOTE: If you decide to attempt this fix, you take full responsibility for your fridge and the outcome. If you don’t think you can do this…DON’T! Call a licensed electrician. Here is how I resolved my e3 issue: 1) Unplug the fridge
2) Remove all wine and the metal shelves
3) Remove the 2 screws from the middle separator shelf, one on each side on top
4) Remove the 4 screws from the backboard, one in each corner
5) Slide out the middle shelf slowly, on the right hand side towards the front of the shelf there will be 4 connectors you must disconnect before removing the shelf (they are tucked into the shelf). With one hand on the backboard and one on the shelf, slowly take them out together
6) Once you have the backboard and shelf out, you'll see there is a black and white connector, each having a red and black wire on each side
7) These are the fan connectors that are causing the issue. Mine were brown/green and damp (not good for electricity)
8) Using wire cutters, cut as close as possible to the "black" connector on each side to remove it. You will have 4 wires left, 2 from the backboard and two from the shelf (both having a red and black)
9) Take some of the sheath (cover) off of each wire
10) Take the red wire from the backboard and the red wire from the shelf and twist the metal portion together
11) Cover w/ electrical tape!!! Or you will have the same e3/e4 issue
12) Repeat step 10 and 11 for the black wires
13) Move onto the "white" connector and repeat steps 8 - 12
14) Put the backboard and shelf back in the fridge. Be careful not to pull the backboard and shelf apart or your connection may come apart
15) As you slide the shelf in, make sure the wires you disconnected in step 5 are in the "channel" on the side of the shelf or the shelf won't slide properly.
16) Reattached the 4 connectors and then re-attach the backboard and the shelf with the screws
17) Plug the fridge back in
18) Put the metal shelves and wine back in"
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2014 | Magic Chef Refrigerator Electronic...
Sep 25, 2013 | Haier BC112G Wine Cooler
Aug 10, 2013 | Haier BC112G Wine Cooler
Feb 27, 2013 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Feb 20, 2011 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Aug 03, 2009 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Apr 28, 2017 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Oct 03, 2008 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
3,696 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: