Aspire 3002 Nlc note book DVD Comboo is not recognised
I have a Acer Aspire 3002 Nlc Laptop which has DVD Combo drive
It is the one which was given along with the laptop. The problem is I have installed the drivers but the properties shows me ? drivers
How can i rectify the problem
Hope any one of you can give me solution
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: Aspire 3002 Nlc note book DVD Comboo is not...
Hi, sorry you might need to explain a little better, but i will try.
The DVD Combo drive doesnt need any drivers to work, the only thing you need is somthing like powerdvd to watch films, if the drive is not reading cds or dvds and in device manager you have a yellow tag, probably next to Primary ide its windows drivers,
but if you could explain in a little more detail will be happy to help..
All the best
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
With a number of software manufacturers using DVDs to distribute their software releases, having a Acer Aspire 5510 DVD-ROM Drive is not only convenient but is practically essential to keep up with software releases. Unfortunately, if your laptop doesn't have a DVD drive, installing one isn't quite as simple as it would be if you were installing the drive into a desktop computer. This doesn't mean that installing a laptop DVD drive is difficult, provided you purchase one that is compatible with your laptop.
1. Check to ensure compatibility between your laptop and the Acer Aspire 5510 CD-RW Drive you purchase. The best ways to do this are to purchase your DVD drive directly from your laptop manufacturer, look for compatibility information on the drive's packaging or ask a knowledgeable sales associate. If buying online, make sure to read all of the drive's profile to check for compatibility information.
2. Remove the Acer Aspire 5510 DVD-ROM CD-RW Combo Drive that your laptop currently has.
Flip the laptop over, setting it on a sturdy surface with the side that the existing drive is on facing you. Depending on how the laptop is designed, you should find 1-to-3 screws holding the drive in place; these screws may be on the bottom of the laptop or on the side next to the drive. Unscrew the screws and set them aside for later use.
3. Flip the laptop back over. Carefully remove the old drive, pulling gently yet firmly if you encounter resistance/ This will be the drive unplugging from the laptop's drive interface, so a small amount of resistance is not unusual. Once the drive is free of the laptop, set it aside.
4. Slide the new Acer Aspire 5510 Combo Drive into the empty drive port. Make sure that you press it all the way in so that the drive will plug in to the drive interface. Once the drive is in completely, replace the screws to secure the drive.
5. Boot up your laptop. Your operating system will detect new hardware and will load temporary drivers for the DVD drive; insert the driver disc that came with the drive to install the manufacturer's drivers in order to get optimal use out of your new Acer Aspire 5510 DVD-ROM CD-RW Combo Drive.
Hope this helps, if so do rate the solution
There is a small hole on the face of the tray which is used to open the tray in this kind of situation. Use some needle and push into the hole. If the tray does not come out, you have to open the laptop and remove the tray.
You have to make sure that the laptop could provide the required resolution of the monitor, because of the laptop could only give1280 x 1024 and the monitor is requiring 1600 x 1024, then expect that you will get that result.
Try changing the resolution of the laptop. Set it to 1024 x 768.