The unit seems to stay keyed up after pushing the button and then releasing. When powered up, the unit will receive normally, but once it is keyed up and then released, it continues to transmit, but no more voice audio can be heard and the unit is unable to receive until power cycled. The light also stays on after the button is released and the other radio still hears the slight static associated with the faulty radio transmitting but voice can no longer be transmitted after release.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Staying keyed up after button release
I have never seen this problem before, check if the VOX is activated, this could cause to transmit the radio, but the voice must be transmited.
check if the Accesory connector is not dirty, clogged or damaged
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since you replaced the battery, and it worked once, there seems to be 3 main possibilities. First, the fob itself is not receiving full power from the battery (contact corrosion) or the battery is being drained by the fob by not fully releasing the button. Open and check for this. Use a pen point to manually push the little black (usually) button that the plastic button pushes against. It should click or give some other sign of returning to an 'up' position when released if it's working.
Sometimes with an older fob the mechanical action of the button is worn and off center. A dab of good glue and a bit of cardboard or some other non conductor carefully placed under the button can be kludged to get this fault to disappear.
The second main possibility is that the car's receiver or antenna is faulty, not streaming the signal from the fob to the car's computer ECM or BCM (Engine Control Module or Body Control Module) whichever unit is responsible for triggering the lock/unlock functions.
This is more serious and truthfully the BCM is expensive to replace and check (usually Dealer Only). Try the fob cures first.
I got the same problem a few days ago error#131 on my msntv2 unit. Tech support at msn said to start with the power on ---then push and hold (alt) and push power and release both at the same time and the power should shut off.--- Then push and release Power and Immediately push and hold down (alt.)---Then a Orange light should come on---Then release the (alt) key--- then enter 5532 5532. If that does'nt work then try starting with the power off---Then push the OK button 3 times then push 5532 5532. Mine didnt work so I dont know what happens after that. Good luck
Push "OK", "Cancel", "Black" and "Color" all at once while turning the printer off.
Turn it back on.
One more time: push "OK", "Cancel", "Black" and "Color" all at once while turning the printer off.
Turn it back on.
Solution 2: Resetting the product:
Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
Remove the cartridges from the product.
Wait for the "Insert Cartridges" message on the control panel.
Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
Wait 60 seconds.
Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.
1. Get the unit into the "Support Menu" by following these steps: Press and hold the "*" key. Press the "#" key and release both keys. Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo". Press and release in sequence the "1", "2" and "3" buttons. Display should say "Support"
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu".
3. Press and release the "OK" button.
4. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
5. Press and release the "OK" button.
6. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
7. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
8. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
12. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
13. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
14. If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.
When programming the remotes makes sure you push and release the 'learn' button on the motor unit, then within 30 seconds push the button on the remote control. If you keep the 'learn' button pushed for more than 6 seconds all the transmitter codes will be deleted from the receivers memory.
Press and hold down the SETUP button located on the remote. Wait until the INDICATOR light turns on. It will blink once the button is pushed, however once you see the indicator light stay one, release the button. Click the button to the DEVICE you wish to program. If it is a TV, then click the TV button. If it is the cable box, then click CBL button. After doing so, the indicator should still stay on. Press the DOWN CHANNEL button several times until you see the RECEIVER yo wish to program respond. Example: If it is a TV, then you will notice the CHANNEL change once the remote locates the correct settings for that receiver. If you see the receiver respond and you are pushing the down channel button but nothing is working, it means you passed the internal settings of the remote to the receiver. Try pushing the CHANNEL UP button slowly. It may be able to relocate the the proper settings. Once you see the channel change again, press ENTER to program the remote. If this fails, retry the same steps. In some cases you may miss the correct internal settings.
You could try a total reset of the system. To do so, Press Power while simultaneously pressing Speaker A and Speaker B. When the display flashes at about 1 sec intervals, release all buttons.
Then select a desired source as normal and see if it plays as expected.
My Etrex Legend would not aquire satellites and after several call to tech support, I finally reset the whole unit. First I saved the waypoints on Mapsource. Then with the unit off press and hold the page button (upper right) then push the rocker button in and then push the power button. Once it starts you can then release all the buttons and set the unit outside for about 20 minutes.
The ink system failure message has a chance to be fixed or it may be a permanent issue. It can be pointing toward a firmware failure in the printer and if that is the case the following steps should fix it.
Press and hold the “*” key. Press the “#” key and release both keys. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo” Press and release in sequence the "1”, “2” and “3” buttons. Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R) Mine reads R0631M . Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. Press and release the “OK” button. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”, Press and release the “OK” button. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page. Good Luck!
I have um Acquitance Groundbreaking VSX -456 as you I turn on appears Poweroff and he turns off automatically if he may go feasible ma ajudem,pois did not what to do. thank you Awaiting recurrence for its email: [email protected]