An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Blank White Display
The problem is a bad CCD inside the camera. I Sony was providing free service for some of their other models but failed to provide service (recall) on these models. contact Sony at 1-866-703-7669 good luck
please mark the post with a fixya
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First, to verify if it is your display adapter, connect an external monitor to your laptop and see if it displays fine. If it is fine on the monitor, then we know that it is from your laptop screen(in this case, it is either you first check from a technician if it is the colour that has to be refilled or if you need to purchase a new screen). If not then it is from your display adapter(could be from corrupt display drivers). In this case, you would have to re-install new drivers for your display adapter(you can download it from your system manufacturer's website if you don't already have it). Thanks
If the LCD screen is blank or black when you have your camera in the Camera or Play mode, the camera may need service. To determine if this is the case, follow these steps:
1. Press the Menu button to see if the LCD screen can display the OSD (On Screen Display).
2. Set your camera to Play mode, and then see if the LCD screen displays a picture.
3. To eliminate the possibility of a user setting causing the problem, put the unit into Auto mode by rotating the dial on the units exterior to Auto Mode.
Note: The word "Auto" appears on the screen when this mode is activated.
4. If putting the camera into Auto mode does not resolve the problem, test the unit in Play mode. If the unit operates normally in Play mode, but the screen in Camera mode is blank, your camera requires service which you can arrange by Creating a Service Ticket below.
Note: Because your camera has an automatic LCD display shutdown feature, its normal for the LCD to stop displaying when the camera has been on for along period of time. This feature prolongs battery life.
Usually it's an lcd burn out where the screen needs replacement. Check the display button if it's just blank then press it to see if it comes on. As far as your friends white screen it not feasible to repair. A good thing to get on any digital equipment is an extended warranty. It does save you in the end when something goes wrong. The limited manufacture warranties are a joke. You should never rely on them.
The Display button manually turns the LCD display on or off to save batteries. If you accidentally had turned the LCD off, It should only take one press of the button to turn it back on and leave it that way. As such, it's not you but the camera. The A570 IS is relatively new. Your camera is likely still under warranty. If so, contact Canon for warranty repair (see the following link):
This is a major fault, screen gets blank white because of some problem in its display panel which is right behind the LCD screen. Rush to the nearest Nokia care centre and explain the problem to them.After the repair if you experience this problem again and your phone is within the warranty period you can demand a brand new box piece!