Question about GE JVM1190SY/WY/AY/BY Microwave Oven
Turned on the microwave and all power just went out. Checked the breaker panel, but none are tripped. Does this model have a fuse or something that controls all power to it? Model is from August 2001, and only gets moderate use.
If the fuse blew as soon as you hit START to begin cooking, chances are you have a shorted high voltage capacitor. If it blew a few seconds after hitting START, then it's more likely to be a defective high voltager transformer. You may notice a buring smell. It's also possible that you have a defective thermostat / thermal cutout on the magnetron (especially if the oven has ever been run empty, arced or sparked, or overheated). In cases where the internal fuse blows, there's usually a cause, even if it's just a loose fuse holder. You can find exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering JVM1190SY here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 We have *critical* safety and disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Posted on Feb 06, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: