Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

Question about Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

1994 Whirlpool Microwave Mod MH7115XBQ-2

This is my mom's microwave, working fine for 13 years, today it has no power. There is power to the outlet, but nothing on the display. Can anyone tell me if there is a fuse to check, or perhaps secondary transformer voltage? I guess she's lucky for a microwave to run trouble-free for this long, hopefully longer if there is a possible easy fix (or something easy to check before we put the microwave on the curb). Thanks all, Matt

Posted by Matthew McCloskey on

  • 1 more comment 
  • Anonymous Dec 12, 2007

    I have the same model microwave, mh7115xbq-2, and sometimes it has power and other times it automatically on its own, it puts the exhaust fan on and the night light on. I don't know what the problem is, it goes from having no power to all the lights on the display blinking, I don't know if it's a short in the microwave or a problem with my electricity. Please helf

  • Anonymous Oct 25, 2008

    i have

  • ronsahota Oct 25, 2008

    i have a whirlpool mircowave oven it has no power. i've checked the high voltage cap, transformer,diode and replaced the fuse. i've checked all the parts in the troubleshooting guide which came with he oven. could the front

    panel cause this problem. please advise..

    thanks,

    Ron

×

Ad

1 Answer

William Miller

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Whirlpool Master
  • 9,179 Answers

You can find exploded view diagrams and order parts here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 The most likely causes are: diagram 5, ref. 5 fuse diagram 7, ref. 2 thermistor diagram 2, ref. 5 control board If it's a problem with the control board, we repair them nationwide for $32.50. We also have important safety and disassembly information we recommend: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Posted on Feb 04, 2007

Ad

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
1answer

THE MICROWAVE WAS OFF WHEN WE GOT UP..WAS FINE LAST NIGHT, NOW NO POWER, LIGHT...NOTHING

first check the power to the outlet.
plug something else (that works) into that outlet to see if it has power.

2helpful
1answer

Whirlpool gh5184xps over-the-counter microwave no power

There is a high voltage fuse in the unit attatched to the high voltage capacitor, it is the most common problem for microwaves not working. Also check the protective diode,the high voltage capacitor as well as the transformer if the fuse is ok. Good Luck.
0helpful
1answer

Installed in 2/29/02, The unit stopped working today. Totally dead. I checked the plug (fine), checked the circuit, fine, and power to house is fine.

2 simple things to check: Inside there is a fuse (15 A) check it. Check that the TCOs (thermal cut outs) are closed ie zero resistance across them.
0helpful
1answer

Outlet works but the microwave is dead, no power at all.

I had a similar problem with my Whirlpool microwave. I replaced a fuse (after reading posts in this forum) and it's working again.  I'm not sure how similar your model is, but in my case it was an in-line fuse in a wire leading down from the main fuse in the upper right corner behind the control panel.

0helpful
1answer

Microwave Buzzing When Not in Use

Are you using a 3 pronged outlet and is it grounded? If you have a 2 holed outlet and are using a ground eliminator adapter, try turning the plug around to reverse the polarity. If this helps, then it would be advisable to have an electrician to ground your oven.
1helpful
3answers

Whirlpool microwavewave hood comination mh3184xp

My Whirlpool MH3184xps is shooting a spark when in use with the rack. When the rack is removed the oven works fine. I am guessing that some of the coating on the rack has cracked and peeled and is exposing some aluminum. Has anyone else had this problem?
0helpful
1answer

Microwave dead

First, there is an outlet. Plug in something else. Inside the key panel, there are fuses and a thermo sensor. Either may be bad. The thermosensor is about the diameter of a dime, black and 3/8 inch thick...attached to the wall of the chamber. All should have continuity.
Not finding what you are looking for?

560 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Experts

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6493 Answers

nu267

Level 2 Expert

122 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

19106 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...