My Samsung sc-d107 has been working just fine. I recorded the other day with no problem then put the camera away. When I took it out a day later it shows only vertical stripes (blues and yellows in color, mostly) in the display both in the viewfinder and the LCD screen. It does fine in the playback mode of tapes I have previously recorded. The camera has not been dropped or bumped. Help!
The CCD Image Sensor is defective. I have one just like it. The CCD is the chip at the other end of the camera lens that "sees" the image. This model uses a CCD manufactured by Sony that is used in Sony models such as DCR-TRV250 and CCD-TRV138. Canon also uses this Sony CCD int their mini-dv models such as the ZR-60 and other ZR series models. Sony and Canon readily "own up" to this and if you go on their websites you will see that they will fix them for free. They even pay the postage both ways. We were on the phone today with Samsung and they deny any knowledge of the problem and want $150 for repair if I mail it to them. They also will sell me the part for $103! I wish you luck but it might take a class action suit to get them to do anything. I'd love to hear what Samsung tells you... Mike
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My Samsungcamcorder one day displays protection. Used or new tape no difference. Used the menu options to remove protection and it gives me a play mode alert. Regardless I can not record in protection mode. Help!
I work on this model of samsung the lcd problem is a common thing with this camera
The ribbon cable to the lcd from the camera cracks and causes what you are talking about .
Normally the camera will still work buy using the eye viewfinder for recording and playback but you will not hear the sound unless the lcd door is open but then the picture in the viewfinder goes away when this door is open and comes back when it is closed
my email is [email protected] and sell on ebay as uromastyx
i have this same problem for a while and just stumbled on the (yet to be verified) solution. www.samsungclassaction.com. if this settlement is legitimate then Samsung will repair for free! (and refunds for people who paid Samsung to repair). the site asks for contact info but i worry about scams so i'm going to contact Samsung directly.
The lines you see in recording and playback are from dirty heads, most likely. Purchase a Mini_DV head cleaning cassette and use it following the directions on the package. This should clear up your problem. You may have to use the cassette several times in succession to get the heads clean.
This seems to be an on going problem with all of the Samsung models sooner or later. 1st, check to make sure the protection tab on top of the tape is in record mode. Remove battery, wait a minute and replace battery, turning on the camera, place tape back into camera and close the door. If this does not work, the sensor is not reading that the tape is not protected. It is a service call but not worth the 150-195 in repairs to correct. Sometimes you just need to keep going, and going....
The following Models can be used as a recorder to record from a VCR, TV or another Camcorder.
2004 - SC-D107
2003 - SC-D5000, SC-D27
2002 - SC-D180
Recording In Player Mode
1. Connect the camcorder to the VCR or TV with the AUDIO/VIDEO cable (provided) (to the A/V Outputs on External Device)
2. Set the power switch of the camcorder to PLAYER mode.
3. Turn on the VCR or TV.
4. Insert the blank tape with protection tab closed into the camcorder.
If you want to record from a connected VCR, insert a recorded VHS tape into the VCR.
5. Press the MENU button, turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V and press the ENTER button.
6. Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight AV IN/OUT and press the ENTER button to select AV IN.
"AV IN" and picture appears on the LCD monitor.
OUT : Releases the INPUT mode.
7. Press the START/STOP button to set the camcorder to REC PAUSE mode.
"PAUSE" appears on the LCD monitor.
8. Select the TV program or playback the VHS tape.
9. Press START/STOP button to start recording.
If you want to pause recording for a while, press the START/STOP button again.
10. To stop recording, press the (STOP) button.
* Recording from an analog VCR to the camcorder is only possible when the VCR is playing back at normal speed.
* If you want to see the camcorder picture with a TV, set AV IN/OUT in the menu to OUT.