Question about Sanyo DS27800 27" TV
Some less expensive no thrills televisions don't have a audio menu. On those units the only audio functions you will have is to select between SAP or Stereo. Is it connected to a cable box? Does the cable box have a volume control? Can you get sound if a VCR or DVD is connected? Try those out.
Posted on Feb 01, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
SAP (Second Audio Program) (for analog channels only) Plays the
program's audio in a second language, if one is available. The TV displays
the word SAP in the channel banner when you tune to a program that is
broadcast with SAP information. SAP audio is broadcast in mono. SAP is also
used to broadcast a program's audio with descriptions of the video for the
visually impaired. Press the right arrow button to turn SAP on or off.
• Check the antenna/cable connections (see Chapter 2).
• The station may have broadcast difficulties. Try another channel.
• The sound may be muted. Press VOLUME.
• If you hear no sound, try setting the MTS feature to STEREO mode (page 81).
• Make sure the SPEAKERS function in the AUDIO SETUP menu is set correctly (page 83).
• If you are not receiving a second audio program from a known SAP source, make sure the MTS feature is
set to SAP mode (page 81).
• If you hear audio that seems "incorrect" for the program you are watching (such as music or a foreign
language), the SAP mode may be on. Set the MTS feature to STEREO mode (page 81).
• When using an external audio amplifier, if you connect the amplifier to the VAR. AUDIO OUT jacks, the
volume of the TV and amplifier must be set above 0 or you will not hear any sound (page 20).
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: