This firmware upgrade only works with Creative MuVo Micro N200 players.
Do not install this upgrade to other players.
You will lose all content in your player when you install the firmware.
Back up any audio or data files in your player to your computer before
upgrading the firmware.
Before installing the firmware, please complete the following procedures:
To install the firmware for your player, follow the procedures below:
- Download the latest device driver if you have not installed any drivers
for your player. The file name is MStorage_PCDRV_LB_1_07_00_250.exe.
- Connect your player to your PC.
- Close all active applications (for example, Internet Explorer, Windows
Explorer, or Windows Media Player etc), as well as background applications
such as Norton anti-virus applications.
- Double click on the file MStorage_PCDRV_LB_1_07_00_250 to
install it. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Download the firmware update, MuVoN200_PCFW_LF_1_20_04.exe to
your hard drive.
- Connect your player to your PC if it is not already connected.
- Double click the firmware upgrade file.
- When prompted to set your player in Recovery mode, disconnect
your player from your PC.
- Remove the battery from the player, press and hold the Play button
while connecting the player to the USB port.
- Continue to hold the Play button for about 10 seconds after
your player is connected to the USB port.
- When the Find New Hardware dialog box appears on your PC screen,
release the Play button.
- If this is the first time a player is installed as Player Recovery
Device, Windows will find a Player Recovery Device (or USB Device),
and prompt you for drivers. Click on No , and select Do
not search. I will choose the driver to install. Windows will install
the necessary drivers automatically.
- Double click on the downloaded firmware again (MuVoN200_PCFW_LF_1_20_04.exe)
to update the player's firmware.
- During the firmware update process, make sure to check the box next
to Format Data Area under Download options.