I am trying to fax and my screen says press 9 to receive fax.. i don't have any faxes coming in. It wont let me fax out ,the only way the screen will clear is to put it on auto answer. I put the fax number in and it won't do anything
I have had this problem several times, and the best thing to do is disconnect the printer completely for a few minutes and then reconnect it. It will clear the cachet and free the printer from the trouble
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Select the receive mode. (1) Press the FAX button, and press the Menu button. (2) Use the (-) or (+) button to select Receive mode set. in the Fax settings menu, and press the OK button. (3) Use the (-) or (+) button to select a receive mode, and press the OK button.
The screen will return to the fax standby screen.
If say you are in a house that has 4 phones in different rooms and you answer a incoming call but its a fax. You can press 9* from your phone and the 5100 will detect it and start to receive (RX) then you can hang up and go to the fax and you should have the received fax. However in practice it hardly ever works. Some of the wiring in houses and offices is just not perfect for this operation to work. try it an see. Have fun. lol
Description of Problem 100000018247
When I launch PC-Fax Receive Program, I receive an error stating: The Fax Receive program must be started to receive PC faxes. What can I do?pc fax rx
Description of Solution 200000023257
You may receive this error if the pc fax application is closed and you have faxes stored in the memory of the machine. To resolve this issue,you will need to print the faxes already stored in the memory of the machine. To print the faxes, please follow these steps:
1. Press the MENU key.
2. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Fax.
3. Press the OK key to confirm your choice.
4. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Print Fax.
5. Press OK.
6. Press the BLACK START key.
- Your Brother machine will print the stored faxes.
7. Press the STOP/EXIT key to exit the menu.
8. Once the stored faxes have been printed, click WINDOWS/START, (ALL) PROGRAMS, BROTHER, XXX-XXXX (X = MODEL NUMBER), PC-FAX RECEIVING, XXX-XXXX or RECEIVE (depending on your operating system).
9. The Brother PC-fax receiving icon will now appear in your Windows Task Tray indicating that Brother PC-Fax Receiving is active.