My Memory Card is protected. I can`t turn it off. I have followed directions in maual but to no avail. I made sure batteries are fine. I`ve used camera and card since last year with no problems.
Hope someone can help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
KodakAug 25, 2010 - The camera screen displays "Memory card is protected (Reset switch on card). ... The memory card is locked so that data (pictures, videos, or files) ... The disk is write protected." when writing to or formatting an SD card. Share.
Kodak, EasyShare, Max, Perfect Touch, and Pulse are trademarks of Eastman Kodak. Company. ..... Access to more manual settings than Smart Capture mode. ..... NOTE: To delete protected pictures/videos, remove protection before deleting.
Look at the memory card again. SD cards have a slide switch along one edge. The position farthest from the contacts locks the card, protecting it from writes. The position nearest the contacts unlocks the card. If the switch is already in the proper position, slide it fully the other way and then back again.
1. With the card out of the camera, go into the menu and find "format"...follow the on-screen directions.
2. Download any pics you want to save from the card using a card reader.
3. Be sure the slide switch on the side of the card is in the unlocked position.
4. Insert the card into the camera and follow the format procedure again.