Recently had a power cut. My cooker now says STOP. The instructions tell me how to reset the clock so i am able to use the oven, however when i press the button nothing happens and the button still says STOP. I am not able to use the oven. Any ideas ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Nice Australian cooker but an unknown make to us here in North America.
Clocks always flash when you cut the power to inform you that the clock is incorrect. Perhaps you had a power cut in the night. If you have tried to set the time and can't, you may have a sticky button.
First I would say to unplug it wait a couple seconds and plug it back in case it got a power surge from the power going . Then reset the clock! Right now it's set in a power saving mode until you do the steps above!
You need to press 2 or more of the timer/clock buttons in seqeunce to cancel the auto setting.
The sequence of buttons varies according to the make of cooker, so just keep pressing the buttons until you hit the correct sequence.
Hope this helps.
Just to let you know that i have solved the problem with my cooker, (clock flashing after electric going off) i held down the cook period button and the end time button, then i was able to reset the clock by pressing the +button.
This "STOP" message appears when either the cooker has been switched off at the mains or there has been a power cut. What you have to do is a s follows:
1. The knob on the left should be turned anti-clockwise ONE click only.
2. Press the button between the two knobs (under the display) ONCE only. You will now have got rid of the word "STOP" and it will be replaced by _ _ . _ _ symbols.
3. Press the same button twice more or until "12.00" is shown. This is the 24hr clock and can the be adjusted up or down by turning the right hand knob clockwise or anti-clockwise. Its always recomended that you set the clock before useing the oven although you dont have to.
4. Now you can operate the oven as normal.....Good luck with that!
Regards Ian W.