Samsung SC-D353 Mini DV Digital Camcorder Logo

Question about Samsung SC-D353 Mini DV Digital Camcorder

5 Answers

Flat flexible ribbon cable specifications

Dear fixya friends, I want to know part number, pitch, number of conductors, length and end preparation in order to get it from sellers. A photo will be super. I also need contacts where to buy this part. I really appreciate your advice and help.

Posted by Luis Molina on

  • 3 more comments 
  • Luis Molina Feb 02, 2007

    Flat Ribbon Flexi cable for my video camera Samsung SC-D353
    Dear Friends,

    I am in deep need of that part for my camera.

    This is a plastic piece that connects the screen with the body of my camera. That?s why I can not see what I record. The camera works well with the exception that I can see nothing from the LCD screen.

    Please send me the price. I would like to pay through credit card and receive it by DHL.

    I?ll appreciate your support if you send me the name of the piece and number. The screen is an LCDE N26A-10. I?ll appreciate any advice from qualified people like you. Regards

    Luis Molina from Nicaragua.

  • Margaret Burnham Apr 17, 2008

    I have the exact same problem. Wondering if Tom? Round Rock ever tackled the replacment of the ribbon cable. I am a rank amatuer but am willing to tackle anything within reason. Please reply to my email address if you have anything to add. [email protected]



  • Anonymous Jun 02, 2008


  • Anonymous Jun 02, 2008

    Same problem, I'm looking for a cable that goes from camcorder to LCD screen. I can no longer see what I record unless I close the LCD screen.

  • Lee337 Jun 02, 2008

    Same problem, I'm looking for a ribbon cable that goes from the camcorder to the LCD screen. I can no longer see what I'm recording unless I have the LCD screen closed.



5 Answers


  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

Based on having a similarity described problem on my SC-D353, I checked around and found out that the going rate to fix it is ~$200 USD. ($!50 parts & $50 labor) Having only spent ~$235 to on it new I decided to give it a try myself. Note: I work for a major computer company so I know my way a little around electronics assemblies. If the part is as you mentioned, the FFC (flat flexible cable) can be ordered through Best Buy?s website or using & the price is $18.60 w/o shipping The Samsung p/n is AD9706489A . This link below shows a picture of the cable. I have not finished the repair yet, so I cannot confirm the fix. A word of caution?.. to get gain access to the cable you have to remove upwards of 30+ different screws, so unless you know what you?re doing, all I can say is good luck. This is not for the faint of heart. Tom ? Round Rock TX

Posted on Jun 23, 2007



  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    Visited the website for 3 consecutive days.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 23 Answers

Same problem here, and we have a baby coming. Thanks for the recall, Samsung.

Posted on Aug 31, 2010


James Williams

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 115 Answers

Let me jump in here really late.
I bought 4 of those camcorders when the first came out.

Every single person I gave the to. Reported the LCD screen failed in one way or another. HUMMM>


<a rel='nofollow' href=""> Mugfind</a?

Posted on Oct 08, 2009


  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 10 Answers

Called samsung on the failure of camera and they have a flat rate repair of $160 USD for that money you can buy a new camera and this time make sure its not a samsung.....

Posted on Aug 09, 2008


Odds are it is a custom part specifically designed for or by Samsung. Did you ever hear back ? I have the same problem and I'm thinking of trying to fix my own.

Posted on Jun 12, 2007

Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


I have a 30 ribbon cable I can't identify. I know it has thirty pins butI need a longer cable.I think it's the pitch. Please explain pitch to me what pitch is my cable

From wikipedia.
The spacing of the conductors. The pitch typically refers to the distance from the center of one conductor to the center of its neighboring conductor. A single FFC can have different pitches between different conductors on the same cable, however this is uncommon. FFC cables are available in many pitches, such as 0.500 mm, 0.625 mm, 0.635 mm, 0.800 mm, 1.00 mm, 1.25 mm, 1.27 mm, 2.00 mm, 2.54 mm, but the most common pitches are 0.500 mm, 1.00 mm, and 1.25 mm. Custom Pitch and Multiple Pitch FFC are available upon special request.
Some cables (described as Type 1 by W?rth Elektronik or Type A by Molex) have the exposed contacts on the same side at each end. Other cables (labelled Type 2 or Type D) have the exposed contacts on opposite sides of the cable (so that if the cable is lying flat, one end will have face-up contacts, and the other end will have face-down contacts).
Exposure length
The length of the electrical contact that has been exposed at the termination of the cable.
Most FFCs have some sort of extra material attached on the opposite side of the exposed length of the cable to facilitate ZIF or LIF connections.
Conductors size
The width and thickness of the conductors
Now the FFC Cables are widely used in a variety of printer connection between the head and the motherboard, plotters, scanners, copiers, stereos, LCD appliances, fax machines, DVD players and other products, a variety of signal transmission and plate board connections. In modern electrical equipment, FFC Cables can be found almost everywhere.

How do i fix a flat ribbon cable awm 20624? it only has 1 pin broken

Check most of the ribbon cable have their two ends detachable. Replace the entire ribbon is the solution to the broken pin. Attempt to fix the cable may cause short circuit on the cable which will impact on the equipment if used.

Can a ribbon (AWM 2896) be repaired? Spliced? Have ribbon on DVD player that has the outboard conductor cut and the adjacent conductor exposed. The ribbon is soldered to the circuit board on the...

if you can gently strip the insulation off with an exacto knife to where some of the copper is exposed, you can solder the exposed copper together. it will not be as flexible, though.

How do i install a used hard drive into an eMachines T2341? The hard drive still has information on it. do i set it as master, slave, or cable select? hard drive is an IBM 10.1 gb

There are two possible solutions depending on how your desktop is setup.
#1 install the 2nd hard drive and put jumper to CABLE SELECT. When you start the computer it should now appear in the bios as a SLAVE or 2nd hard drive. If not go to #2 below
#2 Turn system off again and change jumper on 2nd hard drive to SLAVE.
Now when your computer restarts it will appear in your bios correctly as the 2nd drive/SLAVE.
Do not make it "MASTER" or you will be trying to boot up to this drive and it may not work as you planned.

FYI: "Cable Select" means the hard drive determines which one is Master and which one is Slave by where it is on the data cable.

Good Luck

F7 code beeping and will not come on.

Sometimes you can fix this by removing the ribbon connector where the key panel plugs into the control and cleaning the ends with a soft eraser on the end of a pencil, but most of the time, you will have to replace the key panel.

Flat cable

E-mail them. They have Flat Flex Ribbon Cables, from 0,5mm to 2,5mm pitch, and 3 to 40 conductors - so they have the cable you are looking for. Please rate me :)

Vertical white line down centre of Soniq PT42SH plasma TV.

One of your "X" buffer boards is defective. In Panasonic plasma tv's they are located at the bootom of the set and connect directly to the plasma diplay panel via a thin ribbon cable. The board you want to replace will be directly in line with the discolored vertival line in the picture. The part number is on the circuit board and usualy starts with "tnp..." or "txp..."


This apears to be an equivalent cable. I am an EE helping a friend fix his DV6000t HP laptop where 2 of these cables have failed. A PN search for the identical cable (AWM E118077 2896 80C) came up with your problem post.

Any q's:
[email protected]

Definite ribbon problem!!! Need help.

Hi It's sad when a simple problem, causes a piece of equipment to be thrown away, while all the expensive parts are still ok. If you are mechanical, and can carefully take the unit apart,(make sure it is unplugged), the ribbon cable may be a plug-in type, and you can remove it from it's connector on the monitor end, and in the main unit, and if you bring it to your local electronics repair shop, they may give you one if they have one the same size (same # of conductors), or sell you one for a few dollars. Otherwise, if you have a fine tipped soldering iron, and experience soldering, you can bypass some or all of the damaged connectors in the ribbon cable with small wires. Cut them to length, and solder them to the respective pins on the ribbon cable connectors. Hopefully, you can see which lines on the ribbon cable have been damaged, and will only have to hard-wire bypass a couple. Otherwise, it would be more economical to replace it. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
Not finding what you are looking for?


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Video Cameras Experts

Lawrence Oravetz

Level 3 Expert

10558 Answers


Level 3 Expert

8555 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5720 Answers

Are you a Samsung Video Camera Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides