Question about Panasonic ET-RM100 Remote Control
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: The owner of the hotel
You don't need a clone box to switch between modes, just 2 steps are required:
1. press simultaneously Action and Volume > buttons simultaneously then immediately after
2. press simultaneously Action and Channel ^ buttons simultaneously
If the pressing has been done correctly the OFF message will blink on the screen, signalling the switch of the modes.
Posted on Dec 28, 2010
SOURCE: The owner of the hotel
I apologise in advance if I repeat anything you have already been told, but I am only able to see your comments and not the solutions written by other experts.
3 things come to my attention:
1. You should not need a clone box to switch the TV to "NORMAL" mode
2. The availabilty of parental lock in the menu does not indicate that the TV is in normal mode. There is a parental lock setting in both the hotel and normal mode menus.
3. The main menu is accessed by pressing the "ACTION" button. If you are getting the "SETUP" menu when you press the action button, this would confirm that you are still in "HOTEL" mode.
The NORMAL mode menus have graphical icons. The HOTEL mode menu is simply a text menu in list format. Therefore, it is simple to determine which mode you are in after pressing the ACTION button.
Obviously, knowing this doesn't solve your problem. You should be able to switch to normal mode using the buttons on the front panel of the TV (not the remote) as follows:
1. Switch the TV on
2. Press and hold both the "ACTION" button and the "VOL >" button for about 1 second.
3. Release both buttons and, within 1 second, press and hold both the "ACTION" button and the "CH ^" (channel up) buttons for about 1 second.
"OFF" should flash in red in the bottom corner of the screen, indicating that you are in "NORMAL" mode. You can switch back to "HOTEL" mode by repeating the steps above. In this instance "ON" will flash in red in the bottom corner of the screen.
Please note: it can be quite difficult to co-ordinate the button presses and timings correctly, so you may need to try several times. It may also work if you continue to hold the "ACTION" button, then release only the "VOL >" button and then press the "CH ^" button.
If you still cannot switch to normal mode, please make sure each of the buttons on the front of the TV required for switching modes are working correctly. Make sure the "ACTION" button opens the menu, the "VOL >" button increases the volume and the "CH ^" button changes the channel up by one position. If one of the buttons on the front of the TV isn't working then try another TV.
If, having tried all of the above, you cannot return to normal mode, please post back for further assistance.
Posted on Jan 01, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2017 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Nov 28, 2015 | Sanyo Televison & Video
Jun 08, 2015 | Televison & Video
Jun 28, 2013 | Televison & Video
Dec 04, 2011 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Nov 22, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jul 28, 2009 | Akai Televison & Video
Dec 01, 2007 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV
Mar 12, 2017 | Panasonic ET-RM100 Remote Control
May 28, 2010 | Panasonic ET-RM100 Remote Control
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: