You May need to Use The Old Ignition Lock & Key ,Due to the Chip In the Key.
has a memory area where it stores certain data it needs to save when the key is turned OFF. This area is called Keep Alive Memory. This diagnostic test monitors the PCM's keep alive memory for a loss or unintended change of data. If such a condition occurs, DTC P0603 will set.Conditions for Setting the DTC
Test continuously.Failure Condition
Keep alive memory checksum does not match previous checksum.Action Taken When the DTC Sets
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
- Clear all keep alive memory locations.
- The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
- No message will be displayed.
- A History DTC will clear after forty consecutive warm-up cycles with no failures of any non-emission related diagnostic test.
- A Last Test Failed (current) DTC will clear when the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
- PCM battery voltage is interrupted.
- Using a Scan tool.
If the battery has been disconnected for any reason DTC P0603 will set. The PCM
keeps a running check on the memory; if memory changes it resets. An intermittent loss of power or ground to the PCM will cause a reset.