Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven Logo

Question about Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burning smell and light switch does not work

Light bulbs underneath micorwave went out. I replaced bulbs and noticed a burning smell and the lights were flickering a little bit. i also noticed the Light on/night/off switch does not work. The lights stay on all the time. The burning smell went away when I removed the light bulbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tech1

Posted by Scott Patterson on

Ad

1 Answer

William Miller

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Whirlpool Master
  • 9,179 Answers

The controller needs to be repaired. We regularly repair these control board assemblies for only $32.50 nationwide, and that's much cheaper than replacing the board. For safety, disassembly and other info see http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Posted on Jan 15, 2007

Ad

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
1answer

I have replaced the surface light on my KHMS2050SSS-0 microwave/hood several times. The light bulbs keep burning out shortly after replacement. Why are the light bulbs to burning out so frequently?

if this is a standard edison base bulb try this fix. make sure power is off to oven, remove bulb, find the small tang in the base that contacts the bulbs center base and using needle nose pliers bend it up slightly, install new bulb. let us know how this works for you:)
0helpful
1answer

Whirlpool builtin microwave model mh6130xeq1. I replaced the 2 bulbs that were underneath the unit that shine on the oven, but the replacement bulbs do not work. They are 40w appliance bulbs; the same...

You know how when you turn on a regular light bulb and it burns out with a bright flash? What happens is that when the filament burns out, it breaks and bounces back and hits the other electrical post and basically shorts out causing that bright flash. Sometimes, when 1 of the light bulbs in the microwave burned out, it shorted out, and caused the circuit-board trace to burn up. (This is not just conjecture; I've seen it.) If that's the case, then you would have to replace the main control circuit board. A rather expensive repair for no lights. BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT, get an ohmmeter and check your new light light bulbs and make sure they are really good. Also, if you can, get a bright flashlight and check the light bulb sockets in the microwave (unplug it first). Check for possible corrosion or signs of arcing on the center electrode of the socket. If that's the problem, you might be able to use a small screwdriver to scrape off the corrosion of the socket (make absolutely sure you have your microwave oven unplugged before you do that!).

If you need further help, reach me via phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/ronald_e6b9572cebe3ad27

0helpful
1answer

I open the door to the refeg and it smells like wires are burning. I unplugged it. The lighting fixture is loose. The plastic around the light is defected.

A loose connecction of the bulb holder can heat up and burn the holder plastic material -- as a faulty connection will spark and heat up. The best option is to remove the holder , rewire and replace the unit.
5helpful
1answer

Have ge profile spacesaver xl sensor. will not heat strange buzzing sound and burning smell. clock, light, vent still work

This is most likely a defective magnetron, especially with the burning smell. There are two other parts that can be a problem, the high voltage capacitor and diode, all three work together to heat food. If the magnetron is the culprit, probably cheaper to replace the microwave oven.
0helpful
1answer

Have a whirlpool mh7130xez over range micorwave, everything works great but the suface light? beeps when i push the button? tried 3 new bulbs---please help

The relay for the lights is not working. No board level repairs. You will have to replace the control board to get this feature back.
Eric
1helpful
2answers

Noise while not running

don;t worry;
all you need to do is lubricate the fan bearings with light machine oil and make sure the fan is not hitting anything
0helpful
1answer

Night Light on Microwave Oven

We see (and repair) this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide by mail for $39.95 postpaid in about a week.

This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.

This can often also affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on too.

Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.

Feel free to contact me directly for more information & help.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller
[email protected]
http://www.microwavedisplay.com

0helpful
1answer

Microwave light

my kenmore microwave model # 66222, doesn't let the steam out, its ventilated so I know thats not the problem, smells like its burning then shuts off and doesn't come back on until its cooled off, this happened when cooking a Baked Potato, also when I cook something for over 5 minutes
3helpful
1answer

Burning odor, no heat

A burning smell along with a different sound (growl) USUALLY indicates a breakdown in the High Voltage Side. This is not a direct short (short circuit) or the line fuse would have blown shutting everything down. The High Voltage Side is made up of-- The Secondary ,or High Voltage Side of The High Voltage Transformer, A High Voltage Diode, A High Voltage Capacitor, and The Magnetron. If The High Voltage Transformer is the problem it will smell like a florescent light ballast burning, and will smell each time you turn on the MW. A HV Diode burns and opens, thus no more smell. A HV Capacitor usually does not burn nor does the Magnetron. There is no Cheap-Fix unless you can see that the HV Diode is burned into and you can get to it to replace. CAUTION: Always unplug from power before attempting to repair. NOTE: If you replace a Diode make sure it goes back in the same direction it came out. Yes there is a front and back.
Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

See all Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven Questions

625 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Experts

Oloyede Monsuru

Level 3 Expert

1468 Answers

Ekse

Level 3 Expert

13435 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6447 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...