Can't Print on Card
I had the same problem with my 3 year old HP Officejet 5610. Feeding heavy paper or white card stock would result in a paper jam. The card stock would start to feed, but then stop half way. The pinch rollers seemed to spin without advancing the paper, even if the paper was fed one sheet at a time.
Solution: Clean the rubber pinch rollers with isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Partial disassembly/reassembly required.
To access the rollers, remove the scanner plate:
1. Disconnect power, USB, and phone cables.
2. Open up the scanner sheet feeder by tilting it left.
3. Unlatch the scanner scanner feeder so that it opens completely vertical. Latch is on front hinge only.
4. Remove the 4 corner hex screws on the scanner plate. Remove the 2 hex screws on the sheet feeder. (I used a small flat blade screw driver in the hex heads)
4. Lift the plate and sheet feeder away from printer box. Disconnect the 2 flat cable wires from the circuit board.
5. Scrub rubber pinch rollers with alcohol on a swab. Dry thoughly.
6. Reassemble. (NOTE: This is a good time to clean the underside of the glass plate and the scanner head)