Question about KitchenAid 30 in. KGCS105GSS Gas Cooktop
it is strange that you have no gas and no spark! if you held a match to the burner and turned the burner valve on it would lite di spite a failed ignitor,but for it not to lite, the burner valve[its what the knob attaches too] would have to be blocked[thats rare]or ........i got it .....the knob is broken.thats the only thing the burner valve and the spark ignitor have in common.try a knob from another burner................again.you have spark,because others are working.spark on troubled burner would work if valve blocked at orifice outlet,and if spark failed you would still get gas they work independent of each other,[but in unison].thats why im thinking knob.its the item that works both .when you turn the knob it opens the gas valve and as the gas valve rotates by turning the knob it activates or turns the spark switch so it closes the curcit allowing the electricty to the spark moduel.hey i hope that helps a little. God bless ,tom
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
When cleaning, if the control switches get damp, they will react as you describe.
Unplug the appliance, use a hair dryer and attempt to dry the switches.
Leave it unplugged overnight and try them again tomorrow.
They will eventually dry and be OK.
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
Each burner has its own switch to direct current to the igniter. It appears that one of the four switches burned or shorted out, while the other three survived the flood. These switches are replaceable, so that's how I'll fix the problem.
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!