Question about Emerson Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

What do i do after my microwave overheated and shut off?

It was working fine but then after heating was done it just shut off and it felt very hot. is it safe to plug it back in? will it be ok to use or has it broken?

Posted by eyewillshoot on

Ad

2 Answers

michael

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Expert
  • 389 Answers

They have a built in overload thermo cut out when it is on for a long time it will cut out cool down and should be ok to use again

Posted on May 28, 2012

Ad

Brett Bouler

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

If you cook something too long, especially an item that will generate a lot of heat and steam as it cooks, there is an overheat sensor that will cause the microwave to shut down. Unplug it from the wall outlet. Leave the door open and after a while, about 15 or 20 minutes, plug it back in and it should start working again.

Posted on Jun 19, 2016

Ad

5 Related Answers

BIKER T

Terence Fourie

  • 909 Answers

SOURCE: I have a National Panasonic Genius microwave that

That fault is a little tricky. Need to check if you are getting voltage onto primary of transformer. If you are, the problem is almost certainly the magnatron which has gone open circuit. If and when you replace it, change the cap and HVdiode. Wont be sorry if you do. If no voltage there , your board is faulty. replace it.

Posted on Sep 17, 2009

MicrowaveSvc

William Miller

  • 9179 Answers

SOURCE: LG microwave no longer heats!

It sounds as though you may have run the microwave while empty, which can damage the magnetron.

Not that I'm optimistic, but the first thing to try is a "hard reset". Unplug it from the power line for a few minutes, plug it back in, set the clock, then try again.

Let us know if the hard reset doesn't fix it.

Otherwise it likely needs a new magnetron.

Posted on Apr 08, 2008

Anonymous

  • 36 Answers

SOURCE: microwave stopped working and was hot inside.

At just 13 months old I would be inclined to get in touch with Maytag. If you make enough fuss they will repair it under warranty. but just check that the air intake and exhaust are clear of debris first.

Hope this helps

Posted on Jan 07, 2010

SOURCE: sunbeam microwave doesnt heat

check  highvoltage circuit and magnetron and diodes and condencer and related parts, control circuit also check.

Posted on Oct 28, 2007

nymark

  • 5 Answers

SOURCE: GE JVM2070 issue

The same thing just happened to us..... there is no fuse on the microwave but we check our fuse box and tried another plug and it still did not work. GE sent us a new smartboard and now I trying to figure out how to get the thing apart.

Posted on Apr 05, 2008

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Sharp Carousel Microwave I heated some food. It worked fine, and shut off when it was done. I took out the food. When I closed the door the light stayed on. Light will not shut off. I tried...


Sometimes the switch in the door latch sticks. Mine did that and I ust closed the door with just a slight more force and everything started working fine.

Mar 03, 2015 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Timer panael,light fan,,auto off,,every thing ok,,but no heating


I had a problem similar to yours and I thought somehow I had ruined the microwave oven. Try unplugging it for about a minute and then plug it back in. My service tech did this and it worked fine after that. Then he billed me $110.00 for the service call.

Feb 11, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The Microwave shut off after a few seconds. I removed it from the wall and took the cover off. I fired it up and initially it behaved the same. I checked wire connectors that were readily available. Did...


It will get hot in a very short period of time. Could you have set the time for a few seconds instead of a few minutes? Thermal issues normally take the unit out until replaced. They are one shot thermal protect devices.

Sep 06, 2013 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The microwave shuts off after 10 minutes and takes 30 minutes to come back on. Help!!!


It indicates the magnetron is getting to hot "that heats the food" when that happens the thermal fuse opens to protect the magnetron from over heating and shuts it down and waits until it is cooler before it resets. The other problem could be the fan not working or not properly that blows on the magnetron, it helps keeps the temperature regulated so it can run hard. If it turns out the fan is fine, then the magnetron is slowly breaking down until it becomes unusable, which means it will need to be replaced "pricey" or buy new "probably cheaper"

Jan 20, 2011 | Danby DMW139 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

LG microwave no longer heats!


It sounds as though you may have run the microwave while empty, which can damage the magnetron.

Not that I'm optimistic, but the first thing to try is a "hard reset". Unplug it from the power line for a few minutes, plug it back in, set the clock, then try again.

Let us know if the hard reset doesn't fix it.

Otherwise it likely needs a new magnetron.

Apr 06, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

9 Answers

Magic Chef MCO153UW


The cooling fan is a must!

Otherwise, the magnetron will be ruined, and that drives up the repair cost.

If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

You can order parts here: https://www.mcappliance.com/partorder.aspx

To contact Magic Chef about getting an *authorized* servicer, see: http://www.mcappliance.com/contactus/contactus.asp

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 06, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

6 Answers

Magic chef microwave shuts down


We had the same problem with our brand new Magic Chef. Before going through the trouble of taking it back I called Home Depot. After talking to a Home Depot Rep I am told that the overheat sensor is under the glass plate directly beneath the popcorn bag. Popcorn gets very hot and the heat of the popcorn causes the sensor to shut the machine down. I would imagine this would be the same for a baked potato.
Very poor design.
I was told to put a microwave safe plate down and put the popcorn bag on it. This should help to reduce the heat and not trip the sensor.
A safety sensor is great, but not if it keeps tripping the machine and shutting down!

Sep 02, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

17,347 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Emerson Microwave Ovens Experts

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6255 Answers

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3056 Answers

Gerry Harvey
Gerry Harvey

Level 3 Expert

1482 Answers

Are you an Emerson Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...