Sansa e250 freeze up after taking it out while in the middle of "writing"
Well i had accidently took my sansa from tha plug in while it was still writing and now when it comes on it goes to refresh database eveytime and when its like 75% done the screen either goes black or a black screen with white lines come on. I have let it sit and turned it back on , plugged it back in, and took out the battery and waited , and nothing has worked.
Re: sansa e250 freeze up after taking it out while in the...
This Should fix it!
Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support.
We should be able to fix your player. Disconnect the player from the computer if it is connected.
Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your Desktop.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it is flashing constantly, go into Start --> Control Panel --> Printers/Other Hardware --> System --> Hardware --> Device Manager --> and uninstall either the Sansa or the MTP device. Disconnect the Sansa from the computer, and reinstall the software that came with the mp3 player.
Uninstall all of the Sansa software.
Go to the Sandisk website and download the clean version of the software.
Reinstall the software.
Make sure your sansa player is not plugged into the computer until AFTER you have finished this process.
Plug a 1-to-2 audio jack from the headphone jack of the Sansa to two audio inputs (red and white) of the TV. Change your TV's source channel to the appropriate input (AV1, AV2, Video 1, Video 2, etc). Find the song on your Sansa and press play. you may have to adjust the volume on the Sansa AND on your TV.
It depends on how many songs you are trying to transfer. I wouldn't try transferring more than 10 at a time - should take 2-3 minutes max. 200 songs is going to take at least an hour on some players, and you are prone to run into problems.
Go ahead and do this, in case the DB is corrupted:
Format - Erases Everything: Connect your Sansa player to the computer and open Windows Media Player. Click on the Sync tab. Pull down the drop down menu underneath the Sync tab by moving your cursor over the Sync tab and left clicking on the little black arrow underneath the Sync tab. Highlight "Sansa 1GB" (wording may vary slightly), and then select "Format." - this should erase everything.
Firmware Upgrade- Erases Everything: Get the latest firmware upgrade from Sansa - it updates the firmware and erases every song in the player all at once. Note: this method doesn't work if already have the latest firmware. Go to this website and click "Firmware Updater" to find out: http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/DriverDownloads.aspx
is my sansa broke or wat. when i plug the usb cord in the sansa comes on and wen i take it out it goes off , but the screen don't come on......i suffered the problem of wen the screen do come on it stops at the sansa rhapsody part then start over back to the big sansa screen then sansa rhapsody..........someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!