Front Panel Display is Blank - only small black squares
I can't get my HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer-Fax-Scanner-Copier to work.
The front panel display screen stays blank, just small black squares and does not light up when in the on or off mode and of course, the small black squares dissappear when I unplug the power cord.
When I plug the power in and turn it on, the copier light comes on and the cartridge starts to move out about an inch or two and makes a noise like it wants to print for a few second and then the cartridge moves back in to the left and the noise stops.
This is very hard to troubleshoot, because the screen shows the black squares no matter which buttons I push.
Re: Front Panel Display is Blank - only small black...
Actually... I fixed mine more or less using just a kitchen knife.
I pried loose the plexiglass cover for the 2-line display by carefully sliding in a knife just under it.
It is stuck on with double sided scotch tape along the rim, and two plastic anchors in the bottom areas.
With that little cover removed I pushed and prodded the exposed display which made the text readable at times.
It turned out that if I pushed in the knife slightly at top of the display, and angled the knife to push the display unit 'forwards' it would start to make contact, and become readable.
I may have to open it up better some day to re-seat the display, but for now that worked.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is something stuck on the scanner glass. To test for this problem try making a copy by laying your original on the glass and making your copy, not running it through the feeder. If it copies fine from the glass it is definately something in the feeder/scanner glass. Just clean it with a soft cloth and some glass cleaner. You should be lookig for a thin strip of glass to the left of the large glass. Or you might have to open up the feeder unit and find it there.
HP PSC 2210 InkJet Printer.
The following has to be done for checking the Blank Ink Catridge working :
01. Remove the existing Black catridge and Color Catridges from the Printer carefully.
02. Clean the location with a soft cloth with cleaning liquid to make the place dust free.
03. Put the correct black and colour cartridges recommended by HP and that too genuine one.
04. Do not use any refilled or reinked local catridges that will spoil the HP PSC 2210 printer.
05. Re-install the catridges both Black and Colour properly.
06. Take a test print out - both black and colour print outs.
07. Check the Printer status and there is no warning of Cartridges wrongly inserted.
Have a Good day.
purchased your HP PSC. Choosing to restore your factory defaults restores all settings, except date information. You can perform this process from the front panel only. 1 Press Setup. 2 Press 5, then press 3. This selects Maintenance, and then selects Restore Factory Defaults. The factory default settings are restored.