Yesterday during class my phones battery started to die and made the beeping "battery low" sound, so i powered off my phone so I wouldn't disturb my class. That night I plugged my phone into the charger expecting the screen "Battery Charging", but the screen stayed black and did not turn on. I left my phone plugged in all night and this morning it was still the same; the screen was black.
I tried to fix my phone by taking out the battery and cleaning out the back and making sure it was dust free. I then placed the battery back into the phone and tried to turn on my phone and get it to charge. I still got no response from my phone.
Sometimes the batteries on cell phones do go out from time to time. All brands for some odd reason, their batteries don't last long. You might sometimes though, have to hold the power button for 5 or more seconds. If that doesn't work, here are somethings I'd try:
1. If you're with Tmobile, take the back of the battery out of the phone. If you see a small round pink circle, you have some water/moisture in the phone. This is could be both your phone and battery causing the issue.
2. If you're not with tmobile or not, if the gold ends are dirty, you want to take a pencil eraser and lightly clear off any dirty. make sure you have not pencil shavings on the end.
3. Goto your respective carrier's store to try a new battery if none of the above doesn't work. If it is the battery, the phone will power on, if it doesn't power on, its your phone.
I know it doesn't sound like a lot of help, but it might give you some direction. Let me know how it works out.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well... I would say no.. Not worth battery.. I had the same thing happen to me where my phone wouldn't charge and we bought a new battery for $50.00 and then we find out my phone is shot.. so I would strongly recommend getting a new phone..
It sounds like the phone is starting to fail. These phones are great while they work, but my first two both died a little under a year after I got them. I have one now, and when it goes, I'm switching to an iPhone. At least that way I can deal with new problems:)
Seriously though, your phone's ribbon connector (between the two halves of the phone) is starting to fray or fatigue from opening and closing the phone, and you're losing conduction through it to the screen. The problem will likely get worse until the phone dies. It stinks, but this seems to be normal for these phones.
if it still new and you've still got the warranty then you should ask for replacement of the whole unit.
seems that the problem of your phone is the unit itself, the charging circuit migth have disorders/malfuntioning.
ever tried checking for the specifications and directions for charging the unit.
i greatly suggest that if you got the warranty still, have it replaced.
The beeping sounds is not the phone's fault I guess, I guess it is the SIM card's fault. Try changing your SIM card to a new one from your service provider. Also buy a new battery from Cell phone companies, please do not buy the Made in China batteries with names different than Motorola, just buy the ones with the Motorola sign.
Your battery has had it. You can get a new online for only a few dollars. From what I've seen from alot of the Razr phones the beeping it as just as you were saying. When the battery is dead or does not have enough power to do the basic functions it will beep. The only difference is that, even if it is turned off they will still beep because it has a low battery. have you tried a different battery.