Question about Uniden DCT646-2 Cordless Phone
The phone worked fine for a few months but now i can hear callers but they can't hear me at all, even when i try to increase the talk volume to maximum. what can i do?
I had the same problem with two of these handsets. I am not certain of the cause, but based on the fix, I believe water got into the microphone holes and perhaps mixed with a water soluble glue that stuck the felt cover to the microphone. I fixed the problem by removing the battery, opening up the phone (slide the battery cover off and removed the 4 screws) and snapped open the plastic encasement. Then I remove the two screws toward the top (toward antenna) of the circuit board. This gave me access to the microphone which is on the underside of the circuit board (very bottom of the phone, below and on the opposite side of the plastic jumper for the battery) which had a thin black felt cover covered in a sticky residue that was covering the microphone diaphragm. I removed the felt and then used a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol to remove the residue from the diaphgragm. I used compressed dry air to remove any dust from the diaphgram. With the 2 screws, I secured the circuit board back in, snapped the plastic case back together. Then I finished off with putting 4 screws in the case and putting the battery in. Now other parties can hear me just like they used to when the phone was working.
Posted on Jan 19, 2007
Maied is correct this worked for me. I had the same problem I could hear caller but they could not hear me. I did what maied said and it works great.
Posted on Dec 29, 2007
We had the same problem day 2 from getting the phone. called tech support, did a master reset to factory settings still no work - it is a manufacturer defect. got a replacement from them
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
I can hear callers but they can't hear me at all, even when i try to increase the talk volume to maximum.
what can i do?
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
Worked great. Very easy to do. Thanks.
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
This worked great on our phones. Thanks!
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
I followed the suggested solution and it worked just fine!!! only difference is I put the felt back on after i cleant it with alcohol swab....
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
This solution worked! I simply wiped the felt dot adhesive away with my shirt.
Posted on Mar 18, 2008
That totally fixed it. thanks maied for your pioneering efforts! it seems that that moist sticky stuff, which must be glue is rather runny and it's all over the place, under the rubber keypad. can only imagine the toxic nature of it.
<a rel='nofollow' href="http://www.gratefulweb.net">grateful web</a>
<a rel='nofollow' href="http://blog.gratefulweb.net">gratefulweb blog</a>
Posted on Jan 30, 2008
Maied was right, i did exactly what he said and it worked. I however, removed the diaphragm and cleaned the speaker with alcohol. I was about to throw away my four phones and purchase something else. All of my phones are working fantastically. Thanks
Posted on Dec 22, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: