Hello, My name is Steven,
Could you answer a few questions about XBOX 360 Live Internet Compatibilities?
I do not know if XBOX Live would be compatible with my Internet connection.
I have Broadband Dial-Up,
with Dlink DSL-200 Gen II Modem.
With Speed of 1.5mbps (1500k/256k)ps
Would XBOX Live be compatible with that?
I have not bought the XBOX 360 Yet - so I am new at all this.
And I am planning to use XBOX Live for games such as Halo 2 and FarCry. And in the future Halo 3.
If it is compatible, how would I connect it, and which kind of connection should I use?
I have heard that the speed 256k is the minimum for XBOX Live games? Is this True?
If you could help or give me an appropriate web-link would be very helpful.
Thankyou Very Much
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: My Internet Connection for XBOX Live?
Hi Mate, i used to use the original xbox on live its best with 1mb broadband or above, and alot easier to use it if you buy a router ie wired or wireless whatever you can afford. its great fun. and yeah 256k would be the minimum.
and you can get more information here,
hope you have as much fun as i had with the xbox :-)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To get a wireless internet connection for Xbox live, you will need a high-speed Internet connection such as cable or DSL and a router, gateway, or wireless access point (WAP) that is compatible with Xbox live. If your XBOX360 console is first generation, you will also need a Xbox 360 wireless networking adapter. If you are using a wired connection, you will need a network cable. Plug the network cable into your router and the other end into your Xbox 360. On your Xbox 360 console, navigate to "MY XBOX" and then select "system settings" Next select "Network settings" and then select "Test Xbox Live connection" Select YES when the prompt appears asking you to update your software. After you become connected, there are two choices: Free membership of Gold membership. Once you are connected, navigate back to "My XBOX" and select your avatar and then select "Join Xbox Live" If you need any more help feel free to contact me. Thank you for using Fixya
Is the router already setup and working? Do you have anything else that successfully connects to it "wirelessly", like a laptop or desktop or smartphone? If the answer is yes, here's how to setup the 360 to connect to your router:
1. Turn on the console and navigate to the wireless settings screen. On the Xbox 360, the menu path is "System -> Network Settings -> Edit Settings."
2. Set the SSID (network name) on the Xbox to match that of the wireless router. If your wireless router has enabled SSID broadcast, the SSID name should appear pre-selected on the Xbox display. Otherwise, select the "Specify Unlisted Network" option and enter the SSID there.
3. Specify "Infrastructure" as the Network Mode. (Infrastructure is the mode used by wireless routers.)
4. Set the Security Type to match that of the wireless router. If your router uses WPA encryption and the type of adapter connected to the Xbox does not support WPA, you will need to change your router settings to use WEP encryption instead.
5. Save your settings and verify the network is functional. On the Xbox 360, use the "Test Xbox Live Connection" option.
Even when your wireless connection between the Xbox and the router is working perfectly, you may still experience difficulty connecting to Xbox Live. These issues can be caused by the quality of your Internet connection or the firewall and Network Address Translation (NAT) settings of your wireless router. Additional troubleshooting may be required in these areas to achieve reliable Xbox Live connections.
What You Need:
Active Xbox Live subscription (to access services)
edited from here: http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wifihomenetworking/ht/xbox2wifirouter.htm
There are two ways to set up wireless connection to your Xbox 360, and get Xbox LIVE. Now remember, for you to do anything with the wireless connection, you need to buy Xbox LIVE. The company has a 3 month free trail for Xbox LIVE that you can sign up for. Then, when you have that bought, your true experience can begin. If you are fortunate enough that you console location is near your internet router, then you can hook up your 360's internet cord to the back of your router. then you will have to go to your internet configuration and test your connection, and you will have live. The other way is by going to Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Gamestop, or any other game seller and buy something that is called the Xbox 360 wireless connection router. I'm not sure if that is the exact name, but it looks like a pretty small internet router. Then, you hook that up to the front or back of your 360, into one of the many USB ports, and you install it. You may need help and may have to call Xbox 360 customer service. But, those are the two ways to get live.
Using Xbox Live on Dial up Modem would be a big pain, still listing the steps for you, hope you have a stable connection to successfully connect
- Windows ME, XP, Vista - PC with dial-up connection working - Ethernet Cable (RJ45) cable or CROSSOVER CABLE - Xbox 360
Let's Get Started
1. First connect the Xbox 360 and the PC using the Ethernet cable. 2. Double Click your Dial-up Network connection and wait for it to connect. 3. Choose "Start Menu" and then choose "Settings" then "Control Panel". 4. Select "Network and Internet Connections". 5. Open the "Network Setup Wizard" and then press "Next". 6. On the next screen Ignore the checklist and press "Next" again. 7. Select "This Computer connects directly to the internet." and press "Next". 8. Now Select your dial-up internet connection as your default connection to the Internet and press "Next". 9. Select "Local Area Connection" as your private connection and leave all other areas untouched and click "Next". 10. On the Workgroup screen leave all settings alone and click the "Next" button. 11. On the next screen Turn on "File and Printer Sharing" if you want to share your files, mp3's, divx files with your xbox 360 and click "Next". 12. Now review the settings and click "Next" to apply the changes. 13. You do not need to run the Network Setup Wizard on any other pc's so just click "Next" and continue.
Now that the wizard has completed you may need to reboot your PC and dial your internet connection again.
Xbox 360 Setup
Now we have configured your PC to share its internet connection and files to your Xbox 360 we need to configure the Xbox 360.
(Steps for old Xbox 360 Dashboard, in case you do not have NXE dashboard)
1. Go to the "Xbox 360 Dashboard". 2. Select the "System" Blade. 3. Select the "Network Settings" Option 4. Now choose "Test Xbox LIVE Connection".
Your Xbox 360 will now attempt to contact your home network. It will check to make sure it can assign itself a IP ADDRESS from your PC and then it will also check DNS server information and XBOX LIVE.
let me know if this helps
setting up xbox live is a very simple method and can be done easily if you follow the step by step process on the xbox. First of all, Xbox Live requires a high-speed Internet connection. There are many different videos on youtube that show you how to get an internet connection on the 360 even if you dont want to by a 100$ adapter or run a wire throughout your house. after you get a connection you can follow this process:
after you get a connection you can follow this process:
1. On the Gamer Profile screen, select I Want to Join Xbox Live and then press A.
2. Scroll to the Join Xbox Live option and press A.
3. Select Yes and press A to continue.
4. Enter your gamertag and press Start.
Xbox Live checks the availability of your selected gamertag:
• If the name isn't available, you're prompted to try another name.
• If the gamertag is accepted, you are automatically prompted to link to your Passport account.
5. Select your current Passport account status:
• Yes, I do(you have a Passport account).
• After you sign in to an existing Passport account, you can skip to Step 16.
• No, Create One(you don't have a Passport account).
6. If you select No, Create One, you can now choose your Locale.
7. Set your preferred language.
8. Set your birth date.
9. Enter your e-mail address.
10. Select a password, a secret question, and a secret answer.
11. Select Next and then press A.
12. Enter your first name, last name, phone number, and contact e-mail address.
14. To accept the terms, choose Accept and press A.
15. Pick your Xbox Live membership type.
When creating a new Xbox Live account, you have two basic choices:
• The Gold (paid) account lets you in on multiplayer games on Xbox Live.
• The Silver (free) account lets you download game updates and purchase new content through Xbox Live.
16. Confirm your account type choice (and enter payment details if you chose Xbox Gold).
17. Choose a gamer picture.
18. Choose your level.
19. Decide whether you want to subscribe to e-mail information about Xbox Live