I seem to be having 2 problems. The first is that I can fully charge my phone today and by tomorrow I'll need to charge it again. Secondly, when I do charge the phone I have to adjust the charger cord so that it stays in the phone.
What should I do? I like my phone and can't really afford to get another one right now.
Is it time for a new battery or should I have that prongs checked that secure the charger.
It sounds like you do have a battery issue. Batteries for cell phone don't tend to last long, but if you do purchase a battery, try this to get longer life from the battery.
1. Charge the battery without using the phone until the battery is fully charged.
2. Once fully charged, use the phone like you normally do until the phone shuts itself down because there is no power.
3. Charge the battery again without using the phone until fully charged.
4. Then you can use the phone and charge it anytime you want. You can repeat these steps as much as you want, the more you do it, the more life you'll get from the battery.
-- As far as the charger, if you have to adjust it to get it to charge, it could be the cord or the prong on the inside. I'd goto a store and test another charger, if it's available. You can probably get cheap batteries/charges on EBay or anywhere on the internet.
Let me know if I was helpful for your questions.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try taking the battery out for 2 minutes or so... Place back in the phone and charge while the phone is off.. Give about an hour! If you still doesn't charge you might want to see if the charger has a short or if you need to replace the battery.. Hope this helps!:)
I'm not gonna promise this is gonna work but this is step one to diagnosing your problem.
Do a reset on the phone by holding down both the home button (bottom) and the power button (top) and the same time till the screen goes black. Keep holding until you see the apple logo. Then release and let the phone fully start back up and try it.
That's a reset. That does more than just turning it off and back on. Nothing will happen to your phone, your media, or anything. It just resets the hardware.
If that doesn't work. Come on back and we'll move on to step 2
Hello,what you are witnessing is simply a battery problem.all you need to do is to get a new battery at any mobile phone accessories store.that will automatically make you enjoy your mobile as supposed again. You can as well seek either a friends battery to run a test on it.
I had the same problem - until today. Seems that the phone jack wiring in my living room needs repairing. Receiving and making calls is no problem, but the Caller ID is first to go (according to phone service provider). I tried out the phone in the bedroom, and the Caller ID shows up fine. Serviceman coming tomorrow to fix the L/R wiring.
You need to replace your battery. When you do follow these steps to preserve battery life.
1. Fully charge battery for 24 hours
2. Make sure that you use the phone without charging it until the phone tells you the battery is low.
3. Fully charge the battery until it reaches full again.
The reason your battery is failing to hold a charge is a problem call battery memory. The less power that you use off the battery the less capacity the battery has.
The base unit should not need a charge. It should be powered by the plug in adapter. It may have a battery to keep operation for a short time in a power outage. The adapter may be loose, the adapter could be broken or the plug in the phone may be broken.