When i connect the treo 600 to a charger it hangs only if it is in wireless mode.if i put in a SIM card and charge it the phone works fine..
the problem comes when suddenly the phone hangs even after connecting it properly..it performs a hard reset automatically and all my data gets erased.
i have to keep synchronising my contacts from the desktop along with all of my settings..
sometimes the red charging light doesnt show even if the battery is charging..
i have tried a battery reset too..my internal radio was reset along with the charging circuitry.
please help me out
i cant update the firmware either as it requires the phone to be connected to the charger when restarting
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ok this problem is very common in 600`s i have good and bad news
first go to the phone application and phone info
see what hardware u have A B C
A&B are toast and nothing can correct the problem
if your in hardware C your in good luck
bad news my first treo had this same exact problem and i had to replace it:( BUT BUT BUT!! it was caused by a 3rd party program that messed would auto reset my treo everytime it came on unfourntely uninstalling it didnt work and the wireless mode never came on..
got my second treo and had the same problem but i did not hot sync and intsted beamed using infared all my data and the problem never occured but sometimes
If you encounter a poor battery life on your Treo 680 and you have to
recharge very often even if not using the phone function, the issue
might have been caused by an incorrect first charging of the device.
Please follow the steps below to solve the issue:
1. Connect your Treo to the charger.
2. Remove the battery from the Treo and wait for at least one minute.
3. Remove the SIM card from the device and wait for another minute.
4. Put the SIM card AND battery back into the device and charge the
Treo for at least 4 - 6 hours. Do NOT press any key after reinserting
the battery. Do NOT switch your TREO On or Off either, it will do so
automatically after a short time. Do NOT enter the SIM card PIN if
prompted to do so, just wait!
After this procedure, that can
be performed and repeated any time, you will now dispose of the full
charging capacity and the display of the remaining battery power works
Have you activated phone yet? When phone is activated and in service it flashes green. It's hard to believe it would flash green without a SIM card, as there is no service...unless AT&T is providing emergency service only and you're getting a flashing green which means you're in range of their towers.
My ESN was also missing from my treo until i switched on the wireless. try it.., let it load the network then look for the ESN. note my network did not have a sim card. you may need to put in a sim card if your treo network requires it then check. good luck.
If you mean that the phone hangs for a couple of seconds and then hangs up the call - I think I found your solution - http://www.wombatnation.com/2006/03/fix-for-treo-600-hangs
My Treo was doing the same thing - so I just reseated the battery connection and it fixed my problem.
try performing a battery reset..it will reset the internal radio and the charging circuitry..only problem here is that u need an AC charger to switch the phone back on.
this will wipe out all data u may want to back it up before trying this option
heres how to do it
Battery Disconnect Reset
Treo 600 only
A battery disconnect reset is a last resort step you can take to cut battery power, wipe all data, and regress a Treo 600 to its factory-fresh state. It only works on a Treo 600 smartphone.
A battery disconnect reset will erase everything on your smartphone, and also reset the wireless radio and disconnect the internal battery. All your data will be removed, and your formats, preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings. Don't perform a battery disconnect reset unless you've backed up your data, or you're willing to lose everything.
You won't be able to turn your Treo 600 back on until you connect it to a power adapter, so do not perform this type of reset without your Treo 600 charger and a power source.
HotSync note: Some third-party applications change the way your handheld backs up data. Other third-party applications do not back up data. If you have third-party software on your device, please contact the developer to learn what components are backed up during a HotSync operation, and if HotSync conduits are altered. Any data not backed up will be lost.
To perform a battery disconnect reset:
1. Disconnect your Treo 600 from the AC charger.
2. Hold down the K and Backspace keys simultaneously. (Note: for French AZERTY keyboard, press K and M; for other language overlays, please refer to the customer support for your region)
3. While continuing to hold down the K and Backspace keys, press the RESET button inside the hole on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?).
4. Finding it hard to do? Good. We made this type of reset very awkward to perform, so that it would not happen by accident when your Treo 600 is jostling around in a pocket or bag. Sorry for the inconvenience. You might want to ask a friend to lend a hand if you find it too difficult to do by yourself.
5. Continue holding down K and Backspace. The screen will flash white briefly, and then go black. Release K and Backspace after this happens. Your Treo will appear to be "dead" and the screen will not turn on. If you see any activity ? such as the screen turning back on ? the reset was performed incorrectly; try again
6. To revive your Treo 600, connect it to the AC charger and plug the charger into a socket. The screen will stay blank for several seconds (as long as half a minute), then it will turn on. The LED will glow solid red, indicating charging.
7. Finally, follow the steps for recovering after a hard reset (a battery disconnect reset is an extended type of hard reset).