Rhapsody (if that's the program you're using) uses a database file to store your library information on your computer (locally). Every time you sign into Rhapsody, this database must synchronize its contents with the Rhapsody servers. Sometimes your local Rhapsody database goes out of sync with the main Rhapsody servers, causing trouble with your library or playlists.
If Rhapsody is unable to resynchronize, you may get this error message. This error can also be caused by local database corruption or security settings blocking the connection to the server. To resolve this issue:
1. First, close Rhapsody, then re-open it and try again.
2. Try resetting your Internet Explorer privacy / security settings for Rhapsody
3. If that doesn't work, try resynchronizing Rhapsody with the server running a simple tool called dbclient
To run the dbclient
Open My Computer.
- In the C: drive, browse to Program Files.
- Open the Rhapsody program file folder usually named 'Rhapsody'.
- Double-click the dbclient program in this folder (Vista users: right-click dbclient and select Run As Administrator).
- When the Success dialog box appears, click OK.
- Start Rhapsody and sign back in.
Let me know if this works
Hope this will FixYa problem