Question about Canon DC100 DVD Camcorder
I got a Canon DC100 camera for Christmas and just finished my first DVD. I can't figure out how to finalize it so I can view the DVD on a player. I can see the Finalize option within the menu but cannot select it. I'm wondering if I did something wrong during the DVD initialization process that has goofed me up. The users manual doesn't have a troubleshooting section for this problem - only directions on how to finalize. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks
Thanks I got it plug-in the camcord to the wall outlet with DC adapter then you can start the finalizing thanks again
Posted on Sep 08, 2008
Plug it into the wall...(outlet) while you finalize it... set the camcorder down on the ground in the procces becasue if it is shaky it will mess up the video(s)
Posted on Oct 27, 2007
I have contacted cannon about this issue, the answer is exactly what most users are saying. This is what was said to me.
Follow these steps:
- Plug the unit into the wall (Using the charging adapter)
- Go into the media browser (Pull the on/off switch to mode while in recording mode)
- Press the 'Menu' button (Chrome button located just above the LCD screen)
- Press the 'Right Arrow' on your focus control (Round button that circles around the OK button)
- Press the 'Down Arrow' on your focus control until you reach "Disc Title" and press the 'OK' button (Skip this next step if you already have named your disc)
- Using the focus control arrows and the 'OK' button, set a title for your disc. (When finished select SET and press the 'OK' button)
- Next, Using the focus control arrows, select "Disc Finalize" and press the 'OK' button.
- The DC100 will then display the time it will need to finalize the disc. If you are able to place the camera down where it will not move, press 'OK' (Dont worry it gives you a few seconds to place the camera down)
- Place the camera down on a flat surface with the LCD screen's side facing up (You don't have to close the LCD screen)
- Finished. :-)
If you are unable to finalize the disc using the following steps, then you have one of two problems.
1. You have a bad disc
2. You set the disc to 'Read Only' using a computer with a DVD writing drive.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
Yeah, i have been having the same problem as well. One thing i found quite helpful is to to initialize the disc while the main power adapter is on.
Then when you come back to finalize it also the main power should be plugged in. I found in that case the finalization.
The finalization process is as earlier posted by Shadowmaru
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
After posting on May 4th, 2008, I did some further research on the web and realized the problem for me was a bad disk. I have since finalized many other disks.
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
You are abosultely right. must plug in. but i have to say that this makes the use of the camera retarted. i have to carry around an adapter just to finalize the disc to watch it in my dvd player. great. nice little camera ruined because i have to carry around gear.
also no mention of this obvious canon flaw in the manual. they makr good cameras but dropped the ball on the dc100.
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
You need to plug the camcorder in while finalizing.
Posted on Feb 13, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2011 | Canon DC100 DVD Camcorder
Sep 11, 2010 | Canon DC100 DVD Camcorder
Apr 21, 2010 | Canon DC100 DVD Camcorder
Apr 18, 2010 | Canon DC100 DVD Camcorder
Apr 10, 2010 | Canon DC100 DVD Camcorder
Jun 11, 2009 | Canon DC100 DVD Camcorder
Aug 24, 2008 | Canon DC100 DVD Camcorder
4,341 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: