Just got a Zen Sleek from a friend who didn't want it anymore. I had a zen touch before so i thought they used the same software (Mediasource). But now my computer cant read anything on my mp3 player. It reads that there is somehting in the USB but i cannot access my mp3 player through any program. help!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: computer doesnt read USB
Make sure you have media player 11 If you can, the best test is to try your player with another PC, to see if you still have the problem. This localises whether the problem is with the PC (most likely the USB) or the player. See the link below (search on "connection problems") for a lot more troubleshooting on this. Download recovery tool off creative's website. go to my computer > click on hardware tab >
click on device manager button > in the is next screen on the bottom should have>>universal serial bus controllers
(write these down just in case it cant find them)
right click on them and uninstall
reboot let windows reinstall them Also told Microsoft hotfix causes this problem try uninstalling the last hotfix If that doesn't fix it trythe USB cable
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
See as you are facing the same porblem with your girlsfirends Zen player, so it seem issue with the computer.
Let me know when you plug to another USB port what happens?
Reload the driver (chipset) back to the computer.
Try to plug to one of you friend computer and see "my computer" does the drive appears there.
reinstall the windows and drivers.
Either the device is bad, the pc port is bad, or the software is faulty. Try connecting to different usb port, then a usb port on a different pc with a compatible os. If still not recognized, then there is physical damage to player.
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off, hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware. Wizard.
The first problem is probably a software incompatibility between Creative's software and Windows Media Player version 11. The second problem is possibly a need to replace the battery. 3rd party batteries are about 20 dollars now.
i have a zen sleek and every time i turn it on it says rebuilding library. It completes this but deletes the last album etc that i put onto it. back down to the last album i put on before it started doign it. So i cant put anymore mousic on becuase it deletes it..Any Help?
I got my Creative Zen Sleek Photo from a friend and everything I did wouldn't let Windows recognize it, but then I got it to work almost magically.
1. Make sure you have the proper drivers installed for it that come with the CD. If you don't have the CD, you can download the ISO here. http://wp.randyr.net/windows-xp/creative-zen-sleek-photo.html
2. Reboot. When it comes back up, plug the cable into your computer, then into your Sleek. The software should sync up. For some reason, my Zen wasn't being recognized from the usb port on my computer tower, but I plugged it into my monitor's USB port and then it worked. Try that, if none of that works, then it may be a problem with your computer not knowing which driver to assign to your Zen, and if so, try the steps below.
1. Plug your Sleek to your computer.
2. Open up Windows' Device manager (right-click on "My Computer" and
select "Properties". Go to the "Hardware" tab, then click "Device
3. Locate the entry for "Creative Zen Sleek" in your device list. It
should appear either under "Sound, video, and game controllers" or
under "USB Devices". Once you locate the entry, uninstall it.
4. Unplug your Sleek and wait a few seconds.
5. Plug your Sleek back in and allow the "new Hardware Wizard" to identify and install the drivers for it.
http://22.214.171.124/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=70,E=0000000000295074190,K=561,Sxi=1,Kb=ww_english_add,VARSET=ws:http://us.creative.com/,Case=obj(7931),Kb=ww_english_add To use an MP3 player with online music subscription services, the following is needed:
A specific application from the online music service provider
Windows Media Player 11.
Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Vista. To check the Service Pack version,
click on Start, Control Panel and then System.
An MP3 player with MTP/PlaysForSure firmware installed.
Currently, the following players support PlaysForSure either out of
box or with an available firmware upgrade: ZEN Vision W, ZEN V Plus,
ZEN V, ZEN Vision:M, ZEN Vision, ZEN Sleek Photo, ZEN Micro, ZEN MicroPhoto,
ZEN Sleek, ZEN Touch, ZEN Xtra, and ZEN PMC.