Question about Brother HL 1850 Laser Printer
A thick envelope got jammed in my MP tray. When I tried to pull it out, the it ripped off some papers remained stuck under the roller. I think it is just going to rip off again if I try to pull it out with tweezers. Any way to get that roller to lift up a little or otherwise to get under it?
Push a thick manilla envelope through the area with the machine open to try and get the pieces out. Be careful not to damage the drum unit with rings on your fingers.
Posted on Jan 29, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: QL-550 Label Stuck
Normally theres a lever you pull (the same one you use to manually pull the labels through), if you pull that, you should be able to blow the label out, or pull it through.
Posted on Apr 24, 2009
Locate the paper lifter and the initial rollers and clean these with isopropil alcohol and a Q tip. These items become hard and polished and will not grip the paper properly, causing the jam.
Posted on Jan 20, 2011
Testimonial: "Thanks - I tried that and it seems to be working better. Appreciate the help."
SOURCE: Brother MFC 8460n paper pickup
Please follow these steps to assure you have made sure there is no jam.
1. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
2. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
3. Open the back cover.
4. Pull the tabs at the left and right hand sides toward you to open the fuser cover (1).
5. Using both hands, gently pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit.
6. Close the back cover.
7. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
8. Close the front cover.
9. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
10. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
11. Hold down the lock lever on the right and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit. Take out the jammed paper if there is any inside the drum unit.
12. Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.
13. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
14. Close the front cover. Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine. Use both hands to slowly pull out the jammed paper.
15. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
16. Slowly take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. The jammed paper may be pulled out with the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly, or this may release the paper so you can pull it out of the paper tray opening.
17. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
18. Close the front cover.
20. Put the paper tray firmly back in the machine.
21. Take out any paper from the ADF (automatic document feeder) that is not jammed. Open the ADF cover. Carefully pull out the jammed document to the left. Check for and remove any small pieces of paper stuck in the machine. A small piece of paper stuck in ADF will cause a document jam.
22. Close the ADF cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed under the document cover. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Lift the document cover. Pull out any jammed documents to the right. Again, carefully check for and remove any small pieces of paper.
23. Close the document cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed at the output tray. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
24. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed in the duplex slot (only for machines which support Duplex printing). Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
25. Press Stop/Exit. Make a Copy to test. Before placing your document(s) in the ADF verify the error message "Document Jam" in no longer displayed on the LCD. If the error message continues to appear on the LCD, please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us". Verify the ADF document support (located on the top of the ADF) is pulled out. Verify the document(s) are between 5.8 to 8.5 in. wide and 5.8 to 14in. long. Make sure the documents are inserted face up in the ADF, top edge first. The ADF can hold up to 50 pages and feeds each sheet individually. Use standard 20 lb (80 g/m²) paper and always fan the pages before putting them in the ADF.
DO NOT use paper that is curled, wrinkled, folded, ripped, stapled, paper-clipped, pasted or taped. DO NOT use cardboard, newspaper or fabric. Make sure documents written with ink are completely dry. Adjust the paper guides to fit the width of your documents. This ensures the document(s) will feed straight, preventing jams. Make a copy listed below:
For MFC users :
For DCP users :
Press Copy located below the LCD and then press Start.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2012 | Canon MP640 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 19, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 18, 2011 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Mar 24, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 09, 2009 | Lexmark T644 Laser Printer
Apr 14, 2009 | OKI C5250n Printer
Nov 19, 2008 | Ricoh Aficio GX5050 GelSprinter InkJet
Sep 01, 2008 | Epson ACULASER CX11NF All-In-One Printer
Jul 22, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 04, 2008 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Nov 19, 2008 | Brother HL 1850 Laser Printer
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!