The video or images are being recorded too bright or too dark.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if the video or images are being recorded too bright or too dark.
IMPORTANT: If additional information is required to perform any of the steps below, refer to the operating instructions of the camera. The operating instructions are available in the Manuals/Specs/Warranty
section of the Sony® eSupport web site.
- Remove any accessory lenses that may have been installed on the camera.
- Manually adjust the exposure setting of the camera or use a different Program AE mode.
- Adjust the white balance of the camera.
- Verify that any special picture effect features are turned off.
- Take pictures or shoot video in a location with different lighting conditions.
- Reset the camera.
If all the pictures and video exhibit the same issue after performing all the troubleshooting steps, service may be required