I bought this microwave since a few year now, it is one with a grill. It was correctly worky until a few month . It is heating food less and less well .
Is it on the way to die or is there a fliter we have to change somewhere ? Inside the oven on the right hand side there is like a filter , it was white when i bought the microwave but now it is brown . Is the problem coming from there ?
Many thanks for your help
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Micro Wave Daewoo
It sounds like maybe what you're referring to is the splatter shield or waveguide cover?
The job of the waveguide cover is to protect the waveguide (opening) and the magnetron from buildup of food particles and grease.
When the grease and food particles build up on and behind the cover, they will carbonize and arc - and maybe even flame up!
The solution is to clean it and keep it clean - but if it's too dirty or is burned, it must be replaced.
Sometimes it's necessary to remove the cover to clean both sides of it, and to clean the edges of the opening it covers.
It is sometimes held in place with a small plastic rivet (or screw) and once that is removed, the cover will slide over a little then drop down.
Be VERY careful not to get cut on the potentially sharp edges of the opening, and do not spray anything into the opening.
Apply an alcohol-based cleaner (such as the purple kind) and /or gentle scouring powder to a cloth or paper towel and carefully wipe it out, then when it's dry, reinstall the cover and the rivet.
I suggest to my customers that they NEVER use any ammonia-based cleaner (like the blue stuff) on a microwave, since the ammonia will crack and distort polycarbonate plastics.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Get a new filter and try again.
Otherwise scrap the micro.
It the filter plate rusted through, or is it burnt?
The microwave's Magnetron-wave-guide is just behind this filter plate.
Looks like a small tube with a silvery cap with hole in center.
Very hazardous condition here.
The high energy from it is damped by the filter.
Is there food in the micro when arcing happens?
An empty micro will arc.
The micro wave part is not working in your oven. It is mainly due to to
the defect in the magnetron and the related components like high
voltage side fuse and high voltage diode etc. you can check the fuse
and the diode with a multimeter. If they are ok replace the magnetron.
I would suspect the internal fuse or the thermal cutout or thermostat on the magnetron.
should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components. In some models, it may only be a wiring diagram.
If you or someone you
decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and
disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.
You can order Magic Chef / E-wave / Daewoo parts here.
Feel free to contact me directly (and please remind me of your
full model number) for more information & help.
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
Hi, I take it that this is a combi microwave? Some of these have settings on the front to microwave/grill/etc... so make sure its on the right one first!!
If you have selected the correct one then the m/wave does not work it could be several things!
Microwaves run to earth and need diodes to do this if these break down it will not m/wave! It could also be a internal fuse? ( but very unlikley if everything else works) Then you have the Mag or transformer which could be down to! M/waves run on a high power side and a low power side. The low power will not hurt you to much but the high power side will. My advice to uou is not to touch as it could be fatal as these things carry a high charge even when they are unplugged!