Question about D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
This is regarding the previous problem which i think you misunderstood. I dont get equal speeds to the internet when I connect using a wireless connection to the router and when i directly connect to the router using a cable. There is some problem with the wireless connection which gives half the speed when compared to cable connection. Do i have to do any special settings on the router for wireless connection to get equal speed to the connection I get when connected through cable?
As far as i know the coonection speed on internet should be the same, the speed at which you connect to the router wirelessly would be half the speed ,hence 54 mbps as apposed to 100 mbps via cable, when downloading. I assume you have done a speed test at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html to give you your modem connection speed, although your wireless connection to your pc; will stream the connection at half that of cable.
Posted on Dec 20, 2006
Tips for a great answer:
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Usually answered in minutes!