Unit heats up but when trigger button is held down, no steam is released from nozzle. Steam pressure is built up in unit, when unscrewing the safety cap steam pressure is noticeable. Concentrator nozzle is not clogged, I cleaned all nozzles with a paper clip. Can I add a teaspoon of vinegar to water, to aid cleaning?
I solved the problem, the metal (hot!) release rod gets stuck & needs a little push.
Unfasten the top by prying off the rubber gasket after removing the top. Remove the 2 small phillips screws, then remove the front that holds the nozzle, & remove those 2 phillips screws.
Carefully pry up the top with a putty knife, inside you will see the tip of a metal piston that the plastic release knob is supposed to contact. Set it on its front, & soak the piston with a light household or sewing oil, giving it a few taps with a blunt object occassionaly to loosen, heat up & test before reassembling, but remember, the piston is very hot. When you push on the piston with a screwdriver, it should release the steam, but also stop when you let go. Work with it a little & it will come back to life.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Don't you have to push down on the handle while mopping the floor to get the steam to release. I know the one I have has a handle that slides down the shaft in forward mopping motion which releases the steam.
It's most likely the trigger not engaging the piston that releases the steam. Due to the fact that the plastic inside the 220 holding the trigger in place has cracked on both sides.It will need to be taken apart.That's another issue.Be easy on the trigger press down gentle.....
You might need to de-scale the unit to free the stuck valve.
Keep the unit unplugged.
Fill the unit with a vingar and water (filtered or distilled is best).
Screw the cap back on and place the unit in a sink upside down to allow the vingar and water to reach the valve.
After a few minutes press down the trigger several time to work the solution into the valve.
Hope this helps.
Same issue with my model. Heated up but would not produce... I called it SED (Scunci Erectile Disfunction) My doctor prescribed him some lube, and it worked! Now days Im happy to say we share a heathy steamy relationship!
Say goodbye to SED forever with the help from lube! All you have to do is open up the unit, locate the circular brass colored button, apply a squirt of lube (wd-40), create a decent amount of pressure and play with the little button until you notice smooth in-out motions. Put the unit back together and BAM you two will be back to a hot and steamy relationship, just like you had when you first met! ;)
To remedy this, I did the following:
1) Removed screws from: a) Lower area of handle (1 screw), b) Top of steamer, under round rubber flap around fill hole (2 screws), c) Front of steamer where nozzles attach (2 screws)
2) Removed back of handle, top of steamer, front of steamer where nozzles attach
3) Once all parts are removed, you can see a brass button that is pushed by the trigger
4) Using a needle-nose pliers, grasp and rotate the button several times in both directions (you may hear it cranking against the interior spring). Do this until it turns fairly easily with the pliers.
5) Once this is done, you fill find that the brass button can be very slightly depressed with a bit of force. You may also need/want to unfold a large paper clip to push into the nozzle hole to help unsticking the brass button (not sure if that helped in my case, but it was something I tried along the way). When the brass button moves in and out (again, it won't move much), the steam release mechanism is unstuck!
6) Reassemble all parts (everything snaps back neatly into place).
This worked for my unit!