Question about Timex Ironman Watches
Posted by Anonymous on
The Timex Ironman manual and website says to take the watch to a repair facility. Nope! Do it yourself!
How to replace the battery in a Timex Ironman watch:
This is easier if you remove one of the rubbery wrist bands.
1. Take note of the position of the metal back cover. You'll need to reinstall it exactly as you see it in order to hear the alarm.
2. Remove the four screws that hold the metal back cover, and pry off the cover.
3. There is a round metal clip that holds the battery in place, covered with a transparent plastic cover which likely says, "Unlatch to remove battery". Within the center of each clip, there's a small opening just large enough for a straight pin to be inserted. A jewelers screwdrive won't work - use a straight pin. Insert a straight pin into the tiny opening at the edge of the clip, and wiggle it. The clip should release. You'll only need to unlatch one side of the battery retaining ring.
4. Gently pry up the batter retaining clip, then pry up the battery. Insert new battery.
5. Replace the clip.
6. Insert a flat blade screwdriver into a slot which has two "electrodes" or pins - they need to be shorted with the screwdriver to reset the watch. Just touch the screwdriver blade across the two pins to short it.
7. Reinstall the back cover but be sure to position the cover so the alarm sounding place ( a small disc attached to the inside back cover) will reside over the sounding spring.
8. Insert screws.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
Press & hold set button the seconds will flash.
Press split/reset to set seconds to zero
Press mode to select hours
Press split reset to advance hour digits go through 12 hours to get to AM/PM
Press mode to select minutes
Press split reset to advance minutes
Keep repeatin the above steps to set month date day and 12/24 hour diplay
Press set when done.
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
SOURCE: Heart rate monitor reading "lo"
to shutoff HR out of range alarm - when selecting the ranges in the HRM Steup mode - press the START/SPLIT button to toggle the alarm on and off. (use the start/stop button on the pro fitness model). page 14 in my manual
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
You have lost the coilspring wich connects the watch mechanics with the speaker integrated in watch caseback. This is why you do not hear any sound but still can see the icon.
Check the area where you made the battery replacement very carefully- you may find that tiny spring. Use the magnet if necessary.
If you can not find it, go to the nearest watchmakers shop and ask to supply the new coilspring.
Do not forget to rate, please.
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
First look for the set button then press it ,a long press and If it is blinking that's the time you to select the hour ,the minutes,the day/date,the alarms and the special features of your watch.The right button the up and down or for scrolling.Try all of this so your time will set.
Hope it may help you;
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2016 | Timex Watches
Mar 04, 2015 | Ironman Timex Sport Fullsize Quartz Watch...
May 05, 2012 | Timex Sports Ironman Triathlon 100-Lap...
Jul 05, 2010 | Timex Ironman Triathlon 50 Lap Digital...
May 27, 2010 | Timex Ironman 30 Lap 53952 Wrist Watch
Sep 06, 2009 | Timex Sports Ironman Triathlon 50-Lap...
Jul 20, 2009 | Ironman Triathlon T59211
Apr 08, 2009 | Timex Sports Ironman Triathlon 50-Lap...
May 24, 2008 | Watches
Jul 08, 2019 | Timex Watches
May 26, 2019 | Timex Watches
1,088 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!