An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: cannot record images
Your model is on a list of camcorders with potentially defective CCD sensors. Sony is replacing them free of charge. Go here for the link and free mailing label: http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The playback head is probably dirty and cannot show the picture - the screen is blue. Run a blank tape in the tape drive and execute a record all the way through the tape. Then play back a pre-recorded tape to verify it plays back ok.
I have a sony 14E and suddenly it stopped playing and recording. With vertical lines on the screen I knew to clean the heads. No effect on the recording/playing malfunction.
However I persevered and it seems to have worked in it is now recording and playing back. The steps I suggest, with PERSEVERANCE, are :
1. Clean the heads (I did it 3 times in all, with about 1 hour between each session);
2. Leave the camera open (tape section) for about 2 hours and put the camera (with or without tape) in a warm place. (I also had condensation messages).
3. Once it is warm put in a recorded tape and attempt to view it. At first I had "dirty" vertical lines for a few seconds but it cleared and played normally.
4. If Step 3 still does not work repeat 1 and 2. As I said PERSEVERE.
If Step 3 works then try to record. It should work hopefully. If not, repeat 1 and 2 (shortening the "Warm Up" time).
Good luck. I hope mine continues to work OK now. It is to do with dirty heads and coldness I think.
Playing Back Movie Clips
You can play back the recorded movie clips on the LCD monitor screen. However, the
sound recorded with movie clips can only be played back on a computer.
1. Press the button.
2. Use the four-way controller () to go
through the images until the movie clip you
want to play back is displayed.
To view the previous image, press the
four-way controller ().
To view the next image, press the
four-way controller ().
3. Press the button to start playing back
the movie clips.
To pause or resume movie playback, press the button again.
Videos with sound is possible or you can record sound memos as well
Recording and Playing Sound Memos You can record and play back sound memos for your photos while you view them on the LCD screen. 1. Turn the Mode dial to playback mode. 2. Press the MENU button. Playback Menu 1 is displayed. 3. Select Sound Memo by using the u d buttons, then press the r button. 4. Press the OK button and then start recording. 5. When you are finished recording, press the OK button. You can play or delete the sound memo or record a new memo. 6. Press the MENU button twice to exit the menu. When you play back a photo that includes a sound memo, the icon appears on the screen. Press the OK button to play the sound. Note: You must have at least one photo saved to record a sound memo.