Question about RCA 20F510TD 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
Have talked several times to support and was told some TVs came from the factory with the buttons locked and where you are unable to access the parental control menu to unlock. I don't want to send this in as I jjsut got (less than a week) and it seems to be to be some sort of glitch that maybe someone else has been through this and can helk me!
Problems with V-Chip/Parental Controls
The rating limits don’t work
• For rating limits to take effect, you must lock V-Chip settings to activate them.
I don’t remember my password and I want to unlock the TV
• If you forget your password you can reset it. Enter 5898 as the password and then change it
to a new one.
Posted on Dec 13, 2007
None of the solutions posted work :(
I tried 1234, I tried pressing the TV Menu button simultaneously with the Remote's TV button, and I tried 5898. All let me turn off Child Control, but later when I insert a DVD, it asks for a password.
At this point I have tried 1234 or 5898, but NONE WORK!
Can someone help???
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
Press and hold the tv button on the remote control and simultaniously menu buttons on the tv x 3 seconds and that has recset the password for many.have a great day.
Posted on Aug 16, 2007
They gave that code as well - the problem is the remote will only accept 3 digits not 4. Thanks for the response though!
Posted on May 15, 2007
I had to unlock my daughters controls. The manual gave the code of 1234 to unlock. It worked fine.
Posted on May 15, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2014 | Bush BTU500DTR 500GB Twin Tuner Freeview...
Jun 28, 2008 | Sansui DTV2760 27" TV
Jul 07, 2013 | Televison & Video
Jun 22, 2017 | Televison & Video
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Mar 05, 2011 | GoVideo DV2150 DVD Player/VCR
Sep 01, 2008 | GE1401P DVD Player
Mar 26, 2008 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Dec 21, 2006 | RCA 20F510TD 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
Jul 20, 2017 | RCA 20F510TD 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
678 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: