I am having trouble with my NetStar UPS System despite having recently replaced the battery. The problem is that when it is not in use (turned off but plugged in wall outlet), it is unable to hold it's charge. However, if I leave it on, it is able to hold its charge and functions properly, e.g., during brownout, the computer will still function for a few minutes. The other problem is that once it is discharged, I am unable to properly charge it. The red light with the diagram X over a battery on the UPS panel remains constant on, while the green light also remains on. It usually takes about 2 or 3 days before it properly charges. And today has been the fifth day and the red light has not gone out. Appreciate any guidance.
Don't turn it off, the battery needs to be constantly charged or refreshed. They will go bad just sitting around with no voltage applied. The UPS draws very little power and has surge protection so there is very little to worry about.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Turn off power and unplug from the mains. Make sure the power button on the UPS is turned off. Remove the screws on the underside and remove the front cover. Pull the top part of the UPS upwards. Look for the battery connectors and remove the positive and negative cables from the battery. Install a new battery of the same value. Fix the positive cable first then the negative. Test it and close it up.
The problem will be in the battery in the unit. After 3 years the battery will be un chargeable the same as in the car. Batteries are available from most good battery shops . Take the unit in so that they can match it.
A four second transfer time is way too long by at least an order of magnitude. There is no way the power supply in a PC can maintain for that long a time.
If you are in a real critical environment I would recommend going to a UPS which runs continuously and runs off a battery which is charged whenever utility power is available. That way there is no transfer time.
These offline units are harder to find however.