Question about RCA 24V511T 24" TV
Yep its a high voltge arc. You may also spell a strange ozone odor.
Turn off the lights and see if you can see it it arking inside the set. Sometimes its fixable by putting silicon over a crack or cleaning off dust but sometimes its inside the High Voltage flyback and it needs to be replaced.
Beware the tube can hold 30kv for months so dont touch the high voltage wiring unless its discarged.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
Sounds like you have a high voltage arc if the sound is not coming through the speakers. Possibly the high voltage leads are not pushed in all the way. Be careful! Make sure the set is off and you may also want to ground these leads before you touch them. Youcan get a nasty shock if you don't.
Posted on Jan 12, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: