Question about HTC G1
I found the solution to that problem its because something was deletedwhen updated but heres how it works. first connect usb to phone andthen connect usb to computer as soon as you do that on your phoneselect menu and then select notifications and then usb connect andeverything should be fine.
Yes.....when wanting to transfer media to and from your sd card to your computer, connect the device to the computer via USB, on the NOTIFICATIONS tab, select the CONNECTED TO USB and then select MOUNT SD. a window should appear on the computer asking what you wanted to do with the file. select open files and then litteraly click and drag the info from one folder to another! the info in the manual is different. this changed after the R30 update. i guess google decided to make things more complicated. :\
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1. Download RC33 update from Google here.
2. Rename the download file from signed-PLAT-RC33-from-RC30.f06aa9b3.zip to update.zip,
and place it at the root i.e the very top directory of your Micro SD
card. (If you added the file to your microSD card by connecting the
handset to your computer via USB [rather than using a dedicated microSD
card reader], make sure to unmount it and disconnect the USB cable now.
3. Turn off your G1 Make sure it's
completely powered off. Now again turn it on by holding the Home+End
keys until you see T-Mobile G1 logo.
4. From the icon screen, open the keyboard and hit Alt+L.
5. Press Alt+S to begin the update. Remember, the update needs to be in the root of the Micro SD card and needs to be named update.zip.
6. Once it finishes, follow the onscreen instructions and press Home+Back to finish.
7. G1 Phone will reboot a few times to flash different parts of the firmware.
If all went well, you should now be running the latest update, RC33. Enjoy your new, shiny RC33 update, complete with Google Latitude!
To make sure all your hard work wasn't for nothing, hit Menu > Settings > About Phone > scroll to Build Number. You should see RC33 in there somewhere.
Mar 23, 2011 | HTC G1
Dec 03, 2010 | HTC G1
Feb 03, 2010 | HTC G1
Oct 06, 2009 | HTC G1
Oct 05, 2009 | HTC G1
Oct 05, 2009 | HTC G1
Jun 30, 2009 | HTC G1 Smartphone
Jan 02, 2009 | HTC G1
Nov 15, 2008 | HTC G1
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!