Will not print from the computer to the printer. I brought up a picture and pushed print and it just pulled in the paper and it was blank
* Check your warranty. Call for support.
*** Following is for information only.***
* Brand, Model for specific solutions.
* Computers and printers perform many functions.
* Just printing B/W documents are a thing of the past.
* Just printing a document requires the user to identify:
* Size of paper to be used. A4, 5x8", 8x10, banner, etc.
* Quality of paper; Plain, semi gloss, bright white, photo, etc.
* Orientation of document or picture; Portrait or Landscape
* Multiple copy.
* Size of document; Standard paper, Multiple (expanded) poster, Shrink (Reduced to fit page), Reduced to wallet size., etc.
* Color shift (effects) Print in grey scale.
* Print in reverse for T-shirt transfers or window posters.
* many more options depending on the printer. (some print on cakes)
* The point is that these or most of these have to be set up by the user EACH TIME you need to print something. The printer may be set for poster sized pictures but you just want to print a simple letter. This poster setting (depending on how many sheets per poster) may be the upper right corner of the document is blank. It did print but it started in an area that does not have anything to print.
* Another issue with printing (more common) is how many sheets are you printing. Depending on your CPU speed, each page needs to be processed (rendered) to be accepted by the printer. My Lenovo ideapad takes 2-3 mins to render 1 page. Printing 15 pages (or copy) takes over 30 mins to render before it prints the first sheet.
* Which order of print? Was the last page printed first? Is the last page blank?
* Wireless printers also take time to transfer data to the print buffer. This is also depends on your router or WiFi speed. (or network)
* To check your setup use the "Preview" option. Not how the document is pictured on the printed sheet. Pre-view saves on wasting paper on miss prints due to incorrect settings.
* Check your printer manual on setting up for a specific paper, document size, quality, and other issues.
PS, the issue of lost connection (WiFi) will stop the print. Eject the last page (partial print). Some machines will eject page only after a restart or reset.
* Perform a "Test Print" using the printer test mode (to check if the printer is out of ink.)
* Perform a print of a single page letter from the computer to test the connection to printer.
* Use the computer to check the printer app. look at the ink levels. Perform a system check of the printer operations.