My husband plugged in the microwave in one spot (and it worked), then unplugged it to move it somewhere else. When he plugged it in again, the microwave never turned on. No lights on the display, no sound, no light inside, nothing. He didn't hear a noise or smell a burning smell or anything like that. Do I have to get a new microwave?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: It just doesn't work.
Did he plug it back into the first spot?
Assuming so and assuming it still doesn't work, then I would say that you have a blown fuse. That can be caused by a loose fuse holder, misalignment or damage to the door, etc.
It may also have an open or tripped thermostat.
We have text files covering critical safety, disassembly, and door switches. You can find them via a search on Yahoo.com (not Google) for this:
microwave circuit repair
At this point the oven needs to be checked out a bit.
With these text files, and proper caution, it can be done pretty easily.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could be the outlet that it is plugged in,turn the circuit breaker off,wait a few minutes,then try again ,or it is pulling to much power from the outlet,something else might be pulling from it,maybe try plugging it in somewhere else.
If it's doing that u may have a short in the cord somewhere I would try while plugged in next time u use it don't unplug it but next time it goes out move cord a little bit n see if it comes back on if so that's the problem r u getting bad connection somewhere try another outlet too
Assuming the entire power line from the breaker to the microwave cord is okay, it's almost certainly a bad connection on the circuit board of the control panel assembly.
For reference, we repair these from all over the country for $32.50 postpaid.