Question about US Night Vision Ultra PVS-7B Goggles

1 Answer

Powering down Unit powers off after a short use. Sometimes operates up to two minutes but usually less. Also seems to shut down faaster with the Ir "ON". Initially I thought that it must be the batteries. I replaced with new AA energizers. No luck. Again I replaced with Duracell. No Luck. I tested the voltage of each battery and found no less than 1.5 volts per battery. I tried Ni-Cad batteries with an initial output of 1.63 volts each. Again no luck. I am utilizing my PVS 7B in complete darkness as to avoid the bright light shut down possibility. I'm fresh out of ideas. Any suggestions? Thanks -Jay

Posted by Jay Grebleh on

Ad

1 Answer

Anonymous

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 3 Answers

How long have you had the system? Did you purchase from USNV or private party? If from USNV why not call them up and send it in for repair. If from private party,,,,,that's the chance you take. Sounds like you have either a failing power supply or an electrical short somewhere. In any event the system should be looked at by somebody who knows about night vision. If purchased within the past 2 years it will still be under warranty.

Posted on Dec 30, 2007

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

The computer keep shutting down.... i had taken down and he feel the mother board or something had been shorten circut.. i had it for 3 years... other than that seem that everything is fine but shut down...


If there was a short circuit it wouldn't power on period. If it shuts down completely and not rebooting your most likely teleconferencing one of the following
  • Power supply is crapping out (less likely)
  • Your computer is overheating (Most likely)
If it is rebooting then your most likely experiencing a software crash perhaps due to a failing hardrive or just general operating system corruption.
If your computer stays up for more than a few minutes try downloading speedfan (click the words "Speedfan 4.4" not the giant button (thats an ad) http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php Run it and it will display your core and CPU temps anything over 60-65 is pretty **** high, shutdowns will usually occur higher than 75 C though. If you know how to enter BIOS (usually F10) while the system is first booting up, some BIOS will allow you to set a shutoff threshold.
After thought... failing CPU fans can also cause a computer to shutdown.
Comment back with your finding or if you need further help.

Aug 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet

2 Answers

Monitor's backlight inverter shuts down.


what is the exact model maker of the tv...? and also if you can provide the part # that would be great.!

Oct 31, 2008 | HP f2105 21" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

The UV-visible spectrophotometer(Cary 100 Bio, Varian company) in our lab is now showing faulty error while starting the instruments. It says Error Code: 9:9330SEQ:E9330, chopper not upto speed. Where to...


May be that your deuterium lamp for UV or possibly tungsten lamp is out or misaligned. Ran into something similar several years ago. The UV lamp initially ignited but shut down a short time later ( less than a minute) since there was not enough intensity being detected. The error message was similar.

Sep 30, 2010 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

We have a GE built in oven, model # JCKP13GP-1. The oven, after operating for an hour or so, shuts down. Sometimes the signal beep goes off when this happens but not always. Any hints on what this could...


We see a symptom like this sometimes due to a failure in the electronic clock/control. Although, by the time we get the control in for repair, it is usually shutting down after a minute or less. You could also have an intermittent temperature sensor or intermittent wiring to it or the door lock, so you should consider that first. The control board for this unit has been discontinued, but we repair them at www.fixyourboard.com.

Sep 30, 2009 | GE Ovens

2 Answers

Ran on power for 10 minutes, thought it was on timer.


First, check the fuse usually located above the display, inside the top lid.  You can't see if it's blown, so you must test it for continuity with a meter or self powered test light.  Usually fifteen amp, and of the ceramic variety.  (available at radio shack type places) If the new one blows instantly, it's likely a door switch shorted out.  If it blows after a few seconds, it could be the magnetron gone bad, or internal arcing.  The main transformer will sometimes short out, but that's rare.   Be absolutely careful, should your fingers venture around the magnatron connections down below, as there is high voltage and current that can kill you.  This warning applies even when it's unplugged!
The door switches operate together, so if one slams the door shut it will often blow the fuse with no other damage.  Sometimes the crow-bar switch will sustain damage in the process.  Usually, if the switches click individually, they're good.  If one doesn't click, it'll almost always be shorted.  They're located behind the door catch, inside the unit beside the display board, and a bit hard to access.  You will need to reach past the magnatron for this, so be careful.  

Jul 15, 2009 | Whirlpool GH6177XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The a/c unit cooling fan shuts down shortly after unit kicks on.


If a fan motor quits working during a cycle it usually means that the thermal protector is turning it off. If you had an amp meter on it, you would notice that it is exceeding the listing on the nameplate, Nine times out of ten this is irreversable, the motor needs to be changed. Sometimes if there are oil ports on the motor, you can add a few drops of zoom spout oil and that does the trick. But usually the motor is already damaged. Good luck.

Jul 11, 2009 | Carrier 38CKC036 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Nothing on screen


MY NOKIA 6630 MOBILE IS HANG AND HIS SCREEN BECOME WHITE

May 31, 2009 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

I can switch on lights and fan, but then they switch off


It could be either. Usually i would say its the control board, but its very possible that its the transformer. I would start with that, the trans=25$ then control board = 110$
Its the small transformer (blue/yellow/black/white) wires coming out of it.

Jan 22, 2009 | Broan-NuTone Allure III QS330SS Kitchen...

1 Answer

Powers down


Unplug it for about 30 minutes then plug it back in and try. If it starts giving you less and less might be the power board in the machine going out. Call the support line that is located in the front of the unit.

Oct 14, 2007 | Philips Magnavox MWR10D6 DVD Recorder

2 Answers

Overheating PowerBook G4 17" 1.67Ghz


If you have AppleCare and your PB is less than 3 yrs old, take it in- that seems abnormal. It's really strange that your PB was heating up while it was shut down. THat indicated that there is s/thing wrong with the shutdown mechanism. Make sure the machine is hsut down before closing the lid. Let it rest a minute.

Jun 11, 2007 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook

Not finding what you are looking for?
US Night Vision Ultra PVS-7B Goggles Logo

Related Topics:

190 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top US Night Vision Optics Experts

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

18342 Answers

Marvin
Marvin

Level 3 Expert

85239 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

67934 Answers

Are you an US Night Vision Optic Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...