As with another member, I can't open the door of my machine. It's just over 2 years old. I've too have tried turning the power on and off, running it through various programmes etc. The green light is showing when the programmes end and the door is clicking as per normal.
Many thanks to anyone who can shed light on this problem.
On my machine, the filter door on the bottom of the machine opens,inside there is a screw looking thing, i just give it a turn with a coin and the door pops open ,but this should tell you in your trouble shooting section of your manual, good luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi just read your posting.There are 2 common reasons your door will not open and they are,The handle on the door is broken or the door lock that is attached to the machine is faulty and not releasing. Did you try turning the machine off at the power point? Have a good look at the handle of the door and see if it is broken.My best guess on the problem with your machine,noting you had a power cut , is the door lock is the part that is faulty.The only way to fix this problem and release the door is if you remove the lid.If you would like me to help you reply back and I will guide you step by step to rectify this fault.Good luck and hear from you soon.
Hi could be 2 things Motor brushes worn but at 4 years old unlikely Or as mine turned out to be dry joints on the controller board just fixed it tonight I also replaaced the brushes on the motor as my machine is 6 years old and were worn Both jobs are easy thanks hope this helps
Make a slight adjustment to the Upward force on the side of the machine. Turn the screw a 1/4 turn each time and test, see if that helps. Also, make sure there are no obstructions or friction when the door opens and closes. Try it manually first.
This depends on how old your machine is mine is now 7 years old so I do not want to invest in long term soltions. So I repaired my own, I bought a new interlock and replaced the old one that did not work. So I shorted out the three links that go to the interlock, the machine now shows the lock is always on and you can open the door during the wash cycle so BEWARE. Also if you have never wired a plug or fixed basic electrics DO NOT DO THIS.
1. Turn off power and unplug. (Very Important)
2. Remove lid you will need torx drivers.
3. Unscrew door interlock from the front of the machine.
4. Lift out interlock. Try replacing the interlock with spare first (about £15).
5. If new interlock does not work do the following.
6. Put Interlock back on without wires attched to it.
7. From car spares shop buy spade conectors and create a three way shorting link (insulate well).
8. Put shorting link into each of the wires that go to interlock.
Safely tie up wire to a loom (do not let dangle)
9. Shut the door remove hands and try starting the machine.
10. If that works put the machine back together. And warn people that the DOOR CAN BE OPENED DURING WASH CYCLE and STARTED WITH DOOR OPEN. So check when the machine has stopped properly.