- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it's because the iriver doesn't reconize the artist. the artist name, album etc is set in the file's info. you can write that info yourself so the iriver can reconize it. for example I opened Winamp, imported the songs I wanted in my iriver, right clicked on the the first songin my list, selected FILE INFO and went on and completed the artist field myself. did the same to every other song....and now the iriver reconizez the artists.....it takes some time indeed...and I don't know of any other easyer method that works.....but this one surely will. good luck :)
Deleting files? The PC jukebox should work, but if not, use the UMS mode.
Syncing problems. Most likely a PC setup problem. -An incompatible version of WMP10. If your using WMP11 beta, you're screwed. -Windows Updates -Windows Media Format Runtime -DRM Folder(a hidden folder) Control panel>Folders>Show hidden folders. Reinstall the DRM folder. 1. Delete the DRM folder C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDRM 2. Go to Microsoft http://services.wmdrm.windowsmedia.com/indivSite and click upgrade. DRM will be reinstalled and upgraded.
I've had my player for a long time with no problems. I did have to setup my PC for PlaysForSure *To Go*, but that is not iRiver specific.
Have you tired doing a "Database Refresh". It's located on the main screen under "Settings". Go to Database Refresh and check "Yes". How much music you have on your player will determine how long the refresh will take. If that doesn't work possibly run the Firmware Updater from iRivers' web site and only update the database, do not do a complete "Recovery" or all of your music will be erased as that choice reformats your hard drive. Only choose "Update Firmware" Regards, John H.
I am using windows2000 OS, can not yet justify a faster Pc to run XP .. following is what I use to load and manage my MP3 audio files on my H10 20GB
>using an alternative to WMP 10, I use 'EasyH10' .. prepares an H10 player without iriver
plus or Windows Media Player 10 based on music and playlist files transferred manually using windows Explorer
Info re Easy_H10 URL http://www.misticriver.net/wiki/index.php/Easy_H10
- connect USB cable between Pc and H10
- place H10 in 'Lock' position
- use a tool ( refashioned paper clip ) to press the reset button
- start H10 in USB Mass Storage Device Mode... Hold down 'O' button, continue holding 'O' button
while you press the 'On / Off ' button until screen displays USB connection, after emergency display
- In Windows Explorer locate the ' removable drive'
- Transfer your music files with tag information to 'Music' directory on H10
- Run EasyH10
- for Media database construction to display songs in MUSIC mode.
- Playlist conversion, a necessary process for your playlist files to become compatible
(recognizable) with an H10 player.
- EasyH10 also imports/exports tuner presets from/to a text file.