- First identify the type of card, some memory card has lock or adapter.
- Second, check the condition of the card.
Locked switch position
Visible discolorations or defects such as crack or nick in the card
Missing contacts at the end of the card
Deep scratches in the card contacts
Heat discoloration on the card
- Next, sure that the file format of the picture is supported by your printer
- Then, try to save the file on your computer (If the computer can't read the memory card, the card might be causing the problem, you might contact the manufacturer of the card or replace the card)
- If you successfully save the file on the computer, try other device like camera etc.
- Format the memory card and try to capture an image and check if the file is corrupted or not.
- If an error 'Unsupported Image File' appears, the memory is defective. try replacing the card or contact the manufacturer for further troubleshooting.
- If the image displays properly, reinsert the memory to the printer. If the same error appears again, try using another memory card.
- If the new memory card has the same issue try the steps provided above. And if the same error appears again after doing the steps call HP support to service your printer.