Describe your sony vaio PCG-C1VRX/K Problem: O/S not found...cannot enable usb/cd use to fix/load new O/S
What do I do if the message "Operating system not found" appears when my computer starts, and why won't
? Make sure the computer does not have a "non-bootable" floppy disk in the floppy disk drive (if applicable).
? If a non-bootable floppy disk is in the drive:
1. Remove the floppy disk.
2. Restart the computer and confirm that the Microsoft®
operating system starts properly.
? If Windows still does not start, follow these steps to initialize the BIOS:
1. If there is a disk in the floppy disk drive, then remove it.
2. Turn off the computer.
3. Remove any peripheral devices connected to the computer.
4. Restart the computer.
Page 1475. Press F2 when the VAIO logo appears. The BIOS Setup window appears.
6. Press the Right Arrow key to select the Exit menu.
7. Press the Down Arrow key to select Get Default Values. The message Load default values for all
SETUP items appears.
8. Press Enter. The Setup Confirmation window appears.
9. Select Yes, and press Enter.
10. Select Exit (Save Changes), and press Enter. The Setup Confirmation window appears again.
11. Select Yes, and press Enter. The computer restarts.
What do I do if my computer stops responding? Why can't I turn off my computer?
It is best to turn off your computer using the Turn Off Computer option on the Microsoft®
Start menu, located on
the taskbar. Using other methods, including those listed below, may result in loss of unsaved data.
? Click Start on the Windows®
taskbar, select Turn Off Computer, and then click Turn Off.
? If your computer does not turn off, press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys simultaneously. When the Windows Task
Manager dialog box appears, click Turn Off from the Shut Down menu.
? If your computer still does not turn off, press and hold the power button or slide and hold the power switch until the
computer turns off.
? If your computer stops responding while playing a CD or DVD, press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys simultaneously. You
can turn off the computer from the Windows Task Manager.
Pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys simultaneously or turning off the computer with the power button or switch
may cause loss of data.
? Remove the AC adapter and battery.
Dec 13, 2010 |
Sony VAIO PCGK45 PC Notebook